Power steering Kit for 78 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cant see a return line from box to pump in the kit....

also, looks like the mounting bracket for the box if set way off the chassis in my opinion...

the hilux (minitruck) conversion is great, just completed it myself. i had to make all my own brackets, its not hard to do. also, the saginaw pump is easy to find and fairly reasonable. the hardest thing is to source the box. i payed only $80 for that from a breaker. and this kit doesnt have the box. in total i only spent $150 on my whole conversion.

i know nothing about the vendor, but just looking at what you get and what you pay, well, i wouldnt go for that. just my 0.02. hope it helps

edit: my build thread shows how i did my conversion just FYI :)

FWIW: My mini truck box & bracket, sag pump & bracket and lines came from Classic Cruiser in Salida, Colorado.

Contact: @Ratboy - Brandon Bonneville - 888-376-2420 - 719-539-7722 - brandon@classiccruisers.com

img_3503-jpg.1190282

Last edited:
Forget about the JToutfitters kit. PM Georg @orangefj45 at Valley Hybrids he'll supply you with OEM Toyota parts.

78 is easy. I don't know what your budget looks like but you can run a yota or saginaw pump and an FJ40 steering box with no frame mods and minimal retrofitting. The JTO pump bracket requires you to hang the pump off of the head(using head bolts and crossing fingers about messing up your head gasket). All of the suggestions above will work.

I like the idea but the cost is a big distraction.

Yes but if you don't have any welding skills this is a nice option. I don't know how much it costs to have someone install but it has to be up there... Plus you have the option to remove easily and turn back to stock should you (heaven forbid) sell it...

received my brackets, belt, pulley, etc from George at valley hybrids this week. Haven't installed yet but good stuff. As advertised. Highly recommended. Keep it in the family.

Thanks for the ongoing support guys, I certainly appreciate it!!!!!

Georg @ Valley Hybrids & Cruiser Brothers

I have just about everything in stock for the Minitruck PS conversion. It's by far the simplest kit and the least invasive.

Timely post! I will be giving you a call on Monday Georg. Do you have a supply of used mini boxes on hand too?

Mini boxes are the only item that I currently don't have in stock, sorry.

And for what it's worth, we will be at the shop next Monday and Tuesday. But after that we will be attending the southern cruiser crawl in Hot Springs Arkansas and will be there for the rest of the week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom