Power Steering issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone,
I have had Power Steering issues since I have owned my truck (5Yrs), but for the most part I have let them slide, but they are getting annoying now. When I first got the truck, the entire ps pully fell off, so an aftermarket pump was put on along with a new pully. Well the initial complaint was that the ps would not work once the truck got hot. So the shop must have replaced the pump at least 5 times. Then I guess I just decided to live with it. Well it is getting annoying now. As soon as the truck gets warmed up, you lose most of the power steering. When driving you don't notice it much, but god forbid you try to park it. When it is cold I have PS. So any ideas as to what is wrong? Please help.

Thanks,
Zack

Could your steering box and/or its seals be worn so that it works when the fluid is cold (higher viscosity) & quits when the fluid goes by the seals?

well this steering box has been changed once, with one that had 191,000 miles.

Zack

read my posts from a few weeks ago.
seems my 1st ( of three) aftermarker re-buildts had issues. the first was that it was plainly defective. when the fluid warmed up, the pump failed to work. then there was the issue of leaking from the two next pumps, since the aftermarket ones are made for more than one vehicle,and it takes a problem like mine to realize.
without going into detail., get either a new oem ( cruiserparts.com new, with resi, for 350) or an original re-built.
no problems after going back to an OEM
hammer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom