Power steering HP hose (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My power steering pump has had a pretty loud whining noise ever since I purchased it about a year ago. I replaced the fluid hoping that might help, but it didn’t. Recently I was able to purchased a used pump which I’m going to try and rebuild with the wits end kit. Recently my steering gear box also sprung a slow leak. A new oem gear box is crazy expensive so I decide to send mine to redhead and get it rebuilt. I figured since I have half the system apart it would be best to replace the old rusty HP hose and the return line, but of course the part is discontinued. Anybody know of any aftermarket brand that I can choose from? I have a 91 3FE motor. I tried searching around the forum but can seem to find anything for the 3FE motor. Thanks I’m advance.

Thanks for the link. I guess I should have mentioned that I had seen those but haven’t heard good thing on the Gates HP hose. Sounds like rein is the way to go but can’t seem to fina one for a 3FE.
Gates is fine. On the 1FZ the Rein is a near identical replacement despite being made in China. The Gates one has a 180° bend that doesn’t fit perfect. Either way it’s a hydraulic hose. It’ll either fail right away or not for 200k miles.

Gates is fine. On the 1FZ the Rein is a near identical replacement despite being made in China. The Gates one has a 180° bend that doesn’t fit perfect. Either way it’s a hydraulic hose. It’ll either fail right away or not for 200k miles.
Do you have the lower pressure hose and OEM clamps I would need?

Do you have the lower pressure hose and OEM clamps I would need?
You can use 3/8” oil cooler hose. I have 100s of feet of it if your local parts store is out.

The clamps are: 90080-46355 and I have just a handful.

On the 3FE the high pressure hose assembly MIGHT come with the lower pressure as well since from factory it’s one unit. But I can’t really verify.

F4F47038-1366-457F-956D-AF8ACE405179.jpeg

You can use 3/8” oil cooler hose. I have 100s of feet of it if your local parts store is out.

The clamps are: 90080-46355 and I have just a handful.

On the 3FE the high pressure hose assembly MIGHT come with the lower pressure as well since from factory it’s one unit. But I can’t really verify.

View attachment 3174883
Awesome thanks for the info and pet number.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom