Power Steering Gear Box... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have any experience with a rebuilt Man-A-Fre power steering gear box for an FJ60?

Ours is leaking like a sieve and the $1500.00 - $2000.00 for a replacement Toyota part has dropped our jaws to the floor. Certainly the $350.00 Man-A-Fre rebuild is more appealing and doable. Anyone know if these units are any good?

My bruised chin thanks you,
-dogboy-

hit http://www.westtexasoffroad.com and see if Matt Hodges can rebuild that box for ya....he's likely cheaper than anyone else - did nice work rebuilding/porting my Scout box last year.

thanks Woody, I'll definately check them out....

Anyone else have an opinion or thought on this one?

-dogboy-

I have a used one on my BJ 60 which just came off the road and shows no signs of leakage. Hows about 240.00US and you pay the shipping.
Rob
rclassman@shaw.ca
We are in the great white north.Canada.

You can rebuild it yourself. The real work is in removing the gearbox from the truck and then putting it back on. You'll need to do that anyway. I think the kit is under $50 and it's not difficult. Especially if you have an extra pair of hands dropping in the bearings.

Removing it's easy but that one up there didn't want to do it how I told him. ;)
I did mine last May.
Get it off the Pittman but keep the Pittman attached to the truck. Much easier using than removing the box w/ the Pittman attached.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom