Power Steering Fluid Reservoir Hose Leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
Good Day Fellas! My LX470 is seeping power steering fluid from reservoir hose. The hose itself isn’t brittle. Should I replace its clamps or the hose?
A99AAFBE-B0F9-434C-9343-10A743BAB9F4.jpeg
348EC6F4-EAE1-4993-8B3E-163AD14EBFB0.jpeg

Mine stared to look exactly the same after I replaced my alternator. I definitely think it’s the clamps and the fluid is seeping down the hoses. I put on some adjustable metal clamps last night and it’s definitely helped. Mine were leaking to the point of dripping off the hoses onto the brake lines and then onto the cv boots.

I replaced the hoses and reused old clamps, no more leaks. You have to remove the hoses to replace the clamps, why not replace the hoses too? Those hoses are hardened if they have not been replaced before. I replaced other hoses to the cooler too.
I scooted the old clamps forward and attached the adjustable metal clamps besides them. Didn't have to remove anything.

5 minute fix or...?

Remember, these are the same people that tighten the VCG bolts instead of replacing LOL.

I replaced the hoses and reused old clamps, no more leaks. You have to remove the hoses to replace the clamps, why not replace the hoses too? Those hoses are hardened if they have not been replaced before. I replaced other hoses to the cooler too.
I agree but OEM Toyota hoses aren’t cheap and I don’t like using aftermarket hoses. For now I replaced the clamp if that doesn’t fix the problem then I will go for new hose. I only replaced one upper clamp with this type of clamp in the picture.

2D21CF0A-6B4D-4E56-892B-9561E78F955F.jpeg

Part number for small diameter return hose is 4441260280 price is 59.38 dollars on Lexuspartsnow.com without shipping and part number for the big diameter hose is 44348-60320 price $63.86 without shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom