Power Steering Cooler question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a PSC gear box going to a PSC hydrolic ram. I am ucing the stock pump and resivior on my 5.3l vortec. I was just told I need to extend my filler neck for extra fluid and have all the items to do this. I also just got a PSC heat sink style Power Steering cooler. My question is, when mounting the cooler does it have to be lower than the output on the resevoir?

In a perfect world you want the cooler to be to be lower than the reservoir so while in use it will purge the air out of the system and collect in the reservoir.

That said the only thing I can think of is if the oil could drain from the cooler it could overfill the reservoir. As long as the pump doesn't suck air the return line shouldn't matter as much.

I would run a large remote Resivior and mount it as high as you can.

Does the stock pump put out enough powa? if you have the Coin i would finish it off with a PSC Pump, Res, and Filter..

Trevor

Here's how mine ended up:

1007415417_photobucket_17908_.jpg

I called PSC about it and they said because I mounted the cooler vertically I minimized the chances of aire being trapped in the system. the top of that fitting is about even with the reservoir inlet. Mine is also plumbed in with my hydroboost brakes which end up being the highest part of the system. PSC said that also should not present a problem as long as I properly bleed the system.

that PSC res is the ticket! i've used them a few times along with a good cooler and they make for a great combo.

i was at psc when we went to the roundup, should have taken some pics. they had about 40-50 of those reservoirs sittiing on a table. BLING!!!!!

georg @ valley hybrids

I ended up mouning it horizontally across the frame rail right below the radiatior. It is sitting about 3 inches lower than the resivoir return outlet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom