Power steering conversion ‘76 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I need to post this thread for me mostly but also for any future users...

Finally have time to tackle this coming up in next week or so. I’m switching out my power steering conversion for a new one because my adjustment arm is broken but also it was installed off center and incorrectly by PO.

I need help shot the take out and install of new (pics included) I also have new belts because why not. Couple different sizes because I wasn’t sure what it would end up being.
Question - how do I get the belts loosened to get them off so I can take out the old power steering unit?

I’ll post pics of take out and install so people can follow if they want. Also I don’t think there’s too much wrong with my unit in there now so I might give it up at the end also

DD2322D8-362E-4387-9ACF-C4579EB08585.jpeg

35007E8A-D994-48C9-8FE4-5FDFA4CC92DE.jpeg

How did this install go? Where'd you get the new adjustment arm?

Went well just had to get a couple different lengths of bands until I found right one. I ended up not evening using the new adjustment to arm (which is not necessarily off a 40)... I ended up jimmy rigging something to hold the pump out to keep tension on band which ended up being perfect.

side note: did all this not understanding I need the space for the smog system .. so lol, I’m just gunna end up taking out, selling the whole thing, and then out electric PS somewhere after emission system install

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom