power steering box with pps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
good day gents. i have an hdj81 converted to lefthand drive. i dont know its conversion history, but what i have is a power steering box with pps. as i have searched, land cruisers only have it on right hand drive units (correct me if i am wrong). my question is: could it have been removed from the RHD gear box and mated with a LHD gearbox? is the PPS section rebuildable? i am getting as much back ground of power steering box as i could before i decide whether to rebuild or buy one from a wrecker. it has a lot of play at input shaft and i have already maxed out the adjusting screw which is now sitting flush with the locking nut. it does not bind even at max adjustment

Iirc it just bolts onto a “standard”’power steering box, so yes it was probably transferred over. There are a couple of small orings that go between it and the box, they can leak (and if they were moved over without being replaced they will probably leak). Buy a box rebuild kit and get the extra orings and you should be fine...

thanks for confirming it for me Feistl

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom