power stearing/brake master cylinder

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by cody, Apr 3, 2003.

1. cody

cody

just about got my engine and tranny out, gonna do a 350 to dont know what tranny yet to 4 speed toyota transfer case on my 70 fj40, probably wont ever run again :tear: ,just wondering first while i have my engine out what is the absolute cheapest route i can go for power stearing, and i need to get rid of that huge brake master cylinder, any suggestions????

2. megolfer

megolfer

Is your master cylinder the original, if so, its not really that big and I cant think of a booster that is going to be smaller. I have the original in mine and it works great and is pretty small compared to alot that I have seen.

3. beanz2

beanz2 Moderator

I guess what is cheapest is a minitruck powersteering conversion as the units can be had for little money. I've seen mini guys selling their PS boxes for $50. Fab up the bracket to bolt it on to the cruiser steering mounts or buy one.

The brake booster of a minitruck is a lot flatter than a cruiser's. You can use one up to the time they went to Tacomas (when the diameter got larger that it hits the clutch MC if installed in a cruiser). Alternatively you can use a pre-76 cruiser booster, they are also flatter.

Dave

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.