power seat switch problem - R&R switch links? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
gents.

i ordered the gamviti gears because i imagine i will have to do them at some point.

also - at the moment the DS power switch will only cause the driver's seat to move /forward/ and not allow it to slide backward. i found this thread and THIS post from @JohnVee appears to be the symptoms.

"My passenger seat Forward/Back slider switch would get hung up instead of returning to center after moving forward. The motor would stop when I let go but the switch was still forward, so if I moved the switch backwards I might only have moved it to the center/off position. Point being I wasn't actually moving it far enough rearward to activate the motor. Some contact cleaner took care of it and the switch slides well now. That seat doesn't get used often so the controls can gum up. This is likely not your issue but it's worthy of a mention."

(Gamiviti seat gears, the aftermath !)

does anyone happen to know what i am cleaning up when i get in there? and do i have to pull the whole seat or can i get at this fix without pulling the seat? meaning can i fix an issue like the seat not moving backward by getting at the switch from the side? or do i need to pull the whole seat? i'd prefer to fix the sliding issue now and do the full gear R&R this summer when it is warmer out.

i do have the gamviti instruction from @nakman here:
http://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/236037-front-seat-gear-swap-broken-seat- missing-cap-issue-pt-2-a.html

anyone able to advise or point to a thread that shows and R&R of the switches?

THANKS

Last edited:
You're going to need to/want to pull the seat. It's really easy, just 4 bolts and undo the wire at the bottom. I've never messed with the actual switch, but John's advice above appears pretty spot on, just clean stuff up, use scotch brite or similar, remove as much dirt as you can, look where the contact are and make sure they are making contact with each other. put a little dielectric grease in there for bonus points.

My 100 had the same symptom but for the
backrest motor. It would not recline back, but would move forward... I was able to remove the switch and clean the contacts, all is well...

2D4BA1E3-73D4-498B-8A26-59C70908463C.jpeg

In the red circle is the rocker contactor, they need to be removed and cleaned as well as the contacts they touch. the far left of the pic show the contacts with the rocker removed. You can see the arcing corrosion on the contacts... hope this helps!

Last edited:
My 100 had the same symptom but for the
backrest motor. It would not recline back, but would move forward... I was able to remove the switch and clean the contacts, all is well...

View attachment 2124086

In the red circle is the rocker contactor, they need to be removed and cleaned as well as the contacts they touch. the far right of the pic show the contacts with the rocker removed. You can see the arcing corrosion on the contacts... hope this helps!

THANKS RF. thanks for saving me some time and helping me schedule this. i will fire up the ultrasonic and find my contact file here somewhere. i guess i am correct in thinking that unit is under the seat as opposed to accessible while it is still bolted up?

THANKS RF. thanks for saving me some time and helping me schedule this. i will fire up the ultrasonic and find my contact file here somewhere. i guess i am correct in thinking that unit is under the seat as opposed to accessible while it is still bolted up?

on the 100, I got the switch out with the seat still in. The switch was on the side trim, I had to move the seat a bunch to get to the screws. If my problem was with the forward/back switch, I’d probably have to take the seat out...

on the 100, I got the switch out with the seat still in. The switch was on the side trim, I had to move the seat a bunch to get to the screws. If my problem was with the forward/back switch, I’d probably have to take the seat out...

thanks man

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom