Power Probe Brake Bleeder Cap (Which One??? BA07 or BA10?) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dissent

Questioning my life choices...
Threads
EDIT - The answer is BA10 for the 95-97. Thanks @flintknapper!

Anyone using the Power Probe products brake bleeder caps for an 80 series? I have a 97 LX450 and their chart says use the universal style (with chains) for Toyota (model BA07) BUT it also says to use the style with 4x retaining clips for Lexus (model BA10). Since I have a Toyota wrapped in LX garb...which is it? I have a call out to them but had to leave a message.

Here's their chart: https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...5e2562b8bdf3fa/1501521621402/AdapterChart.pdf

Last edited:
Anyone using the Power Probe products brake bleeder caps for an 80 series? I have a 97 LX450 and their chart says use the universal style (with chains) for Toyota (model BA07) BUT it also says to use the style with 4x retaining clips for Lexus (model BA10). Since I have a Toyota wrapped in LX garb...which is it? I have a call out to them but had to leave a message.

Here's their chart: https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...5e2562b8bdf3fa/1501521621402/AdapterChart.pdf

BA10 fits my '97

Toy Quick Con.jpg

Toy Cap3.jpg

Toy Cap2.jpg

Toy Cap1.jpg

What's the brass assy. in the middle of the hose for?

Coupler.

I added length to the clear hose...so I can place the pump wherever I like/need.

So will that be the same for a 93?

IF a '93 uses the same reservoir for the brake fluid as a '97 AND the reservoir is OEM or an exact OEM replica, yes.

My 93 has ABS so maybe it is the same? I guess on search is in order

I have the chain version and it holds pressure just fine. After 30 min of letting it sit for testing it lost 5 psi. No big deal... you can easily bleed flush the system in less time then that.

Yup just got mine from tool discounter for 39 bucks plus 10 for shipping... took a long time but finally got delivered yesterday.. Just need to get the quick disconnects now.

I am using this locking cap...works great. Just need to replace the quick connect fitting it comes with, with a regual 1/4" npt air coupler fitting.

Amazon product ASIN B07JPJSBKW
1600890334719.png

1600890289891.png

1600890084150.png

My BA10 FINALLY arrived! Ordered on June 11th, received it Sept 22nd. Plenty of time to mine and smelt the ore, build the mill and then machine the part totally from scratch. I love COVID-19, it's really making life so much easier for the day-to-day stuff. :flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

I realize y'all got some nice and fancy lids to use, but I found the included lid to work fine with my 1996 TLC. For some reason the Motive instructions do not suggest putting a light coat of brake fluid on both sides of the rubber puck that goes under the hard plastic cap that sits atop the master cylinder. Maybe that is why others have reported the thing sprays brake fluid everywhere once it's placed under pressure. I coated the rubber puck with brake fluid on both sides, and placed the angled side down toward the master cylinder, and mine sealed fine.

I'm not trying to start a war of approaches, or words, and I'm in fact envious of the nice mods y'll have done to the Motive system. I'm just posting this so others who are considering buying the Motive, or figuring out how to use it, will have a suggestion on how to make it work well out of the box.

I realize y'all got some nice and fancy lids to use, but I found the included lid to work fine with my 1996 TLC. For some reason the Motive instructions do not suggest putting a light coat of brake fluid on both sides of the rubber puck that goes under the hard plastic cap that sits atop the master cylinder. Maybe that is why others have reported the thing sprays brake fluid everywhere once it's placed under pressure. I coated the rubber puck with brake fluid on both sides, and placed the angled side down toward the master cylinder, and mine sealed fine.

I'm not trying to start a war of approaches, or words, and I'm in fact envious of the nice mods y'll have done to the Motive system. I'm just posting this so others who are considering buying the Motive, or figuring out how to use it, will have a suggestion on how to make it work well out of the box.
Seems like a solid way to go. Only reason i went this route is i bought the motive with the subaru cap to bleed my Brembos (also a PITA). Figured it was worth the overall investment for two cars i'll have for a long time with a nice quick disconnect setup on each master adapter.

I use the universal (rubber puck) style out of the box and it worked great.

Does the BA10 fit all 80 series brake masters? What about the clutch master (as they're seperate circuits at least on my 80 which doesn't have ABS).

I can only find one seller of the BA10 on Ebay and they don't ship it to Australia - seller finally replied saying 'no international shipping'. I don't buy from Bezos-Dick-In-Space Inc aka Amazon. :cool:

The other brand featured in the pics here is the Powerbuilt BC-21. It is actually listed in the catalog of an Australian tool supplier.

Both mobs also make one for standard European style 43mm threaded cap brake/clutch master cylinders.

Last edited:
Does the BA10 fit all 80 series brake masters? What about the clutch master (as they're seperate circuits at least on my 80 which doesn't have ABS).

I can only find one seller of the BA10 on Ebay and they don't ship it to Australia - seller finally replied saying 'no international shipping'. I don't buy from Bezos-Dick-In-Space Inc aka Amazon. :cool:

The other brand featured in the pics here is the Powerbuilt BC-21. It is actually listed in the catalog of an Australian tool supplier.

Both mobs also make one for standard European style 43mm threaded cap brake/clutch master cylinders.

Not sure if they fit all 80's however but I imagine it would, that said, I did use BA10 on my 91. I tried using the black puck one that came with the kit but it would not stay on once pressure was added. I had ordered mine from a site called Tool Discounter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom