Power mirrors not working at all (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all, as the title says, my power mirrors are not working at all. No movement on either side when trying to adjust them for view, no tilting when in reverse and no folding inward when the button is activated. I have checked all the mini fuses and all looked good. I don't hear any noises at all like a motor even trying to move them in any situation. I have searched here and another lexus forum i ran across but it seems most people have some mobility in their mirrors, I haven't come across anyone posting with absolutely no movement.

My next step is to see if I can get the switches out and clean them as well as check the connections, but I wanted to see if anyone has had this issue and found a fix for it or might have some links to some threads with this issue. I find it odd that everyone else seems to have intermittent issues or issues with only part of the system, not the entire thing not working.

This is a new rig to me so I am going through and trying to get all the loose ends tied up, electrical stuff is my least favorite thing to work with but this rig will probably give me lots of good practice considering all the electrical options it has.

Thanks for any insight!

Well, I'd suggest you pull a door panel and verify two things:

1. The connectors are plugged in
2. You get 12V on any of the pins when you try and move the mirror in any direction via the switch

Well, I'd suggest you pull a door panel and verify two things:

1. The connectors are plugged in
2. You get 12V on any of the pins when you try and move the mirror in any direction via the switch

Awesome thanks, I have a blown speaker in the passenger side anyway so that is a perfect excuse to potentially kill 2 birds with one stone. I had read of people disassembling the mirror itself so I was under the impression that the connectors were inside them, but it makes sense that they would be in the door. I appreciate it!

NP. Those steps are more of a sanity check and to isolate if it is a mirror motor issue (doubt it) or an electrical issue elsewhere.

I had a similar problem on my LX when I bought it. When I connected to techstream for my AHC maintenance I poked around all of the systems in the car and from that day on I didn't have a problem. I'm not sure why but hey, i'll take it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom