power loss 1HZ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Problem with my 1HZ engine, ever since I bought a few years ago. Speed is just too low, a topspeed of 110km/h. It is not smoking, it does accelerate quite normal, but uphill and highways are just a nightmare.

The symptoms do not seem to change over the past couple of years.
Could the pump be defective?
Is there a tiny little filter somewhere between the pump and the main fuelfilter?
Any other suggestion?

Please note that I am located in Kenya where no decent workshop is to be found…

tom.bakkum@gmail.com

welcome Tom, you need to post your question to the international cruiser forum here at mud. a few doors down on your left. :D most people in the 80 section have gasser 80s and the international guys are the true diesel heads.

crushers said:
those symtoms seem just like mine was before i turbo'd. the 1HZ is no rocket engine...

Wayne...I copied your reply to this thread from the duplicate one so that I can erase the other. Hope you don't mind.

How many klms on the pump and engine? The pumps on these often need rebuilds between 2-300000klm.
They seem ok when cold but as they heat up they lose pressure.

There is no filter between main filter and pump but maybe you have a crushed or kinked fuel line.

Have you compared the power with another 1HZ cruiser? They should run decently well. With poor fuel quality, the injectors can wear rapidly. Pull them and send them to have them checked at a diesel shop.

Dave

tom bakkum said:
Problem with my 1HZ engine, ever since I bought a few years ago. Speed is just too low, a topspeed of 110km/h. It is not smoking, it does accelerate quite normal, but uphill and highways are just a nightmare.

The symptoms do not seem to change over the past couple of years.
Could the pump be defective?
Is there a tiny little filter somewhere between the pump and the main fuelfilter?
Any other suggestion?

Please note that I am located in Kenya where no decent workshop is to be found…

tom.bakkum@gmail.com

Hi Tom,

I think I met you in Panama ... we talked about a tire carrier I had built for my 80 ... guess you´re back in Kenya ... my 1HZ hits 150kmh .... so I guess you need to check your injector´s tips and maybe send your pump to a Diesel Lab. ... is burning oil? no black smoke?

let us know how it goes ... how´s the Unimog?

regards,

I thought the loss power is related to a diesel issue, not sure if is a pump issue ..
If you haven't temp problems, are no more diesel that you can burn .. then y a loss in diesel flow. Try change the diesel filter ( I'm not sure if yoy TLC have a diesel / water separator but if check it also )

keep up posted .. !

-uhuru- said:
Hi Tom,

I think I met you in Panama ... we talked about a tire carrier I had built for my 80 ... guess you´re back in Kenya ... my 1HZ hits 150kmh .... so I guess you need to check your injector´s tips and maybe send your pump to a Diesel Lab. ... is burning oil? no black smoke?

let us know how it goes ... how´s the Unimog?

regards,
a naturally asperated 1HZ that hits 150 km/hr?!?! WOW!!

crushers said:

1HZ in good shape with 31" stock tires and no lift why not .. ?

crushers said:

and she keeps going if I don't stop her man ... with M/T 31's .... the previous owner said he had hit the speedometer all the way to the max @ 180 KM/H ... I believe him since he had 31" road friendly A/T's on it and only 30,000 km on the ODO... this is on a HJ70 by the way not an 80 ... the 70 with the N/A HZ, stock gearing, and a manual tranny is way faster than my 80 with a 1HD-T , 4.88's and auto tranny ... I guess it is weight related ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom