Power door lock question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been trying to troubleshoot problems with my power door locks for a while. I've read the threads on the motors and the cracked arms in the actuators, but my problem currently seems to be affecting all the doors. Today I checked to see whether the locks behaved differently depending on whether I used the fob, the main switch in the driver's door arm rest, or the key switch in the driver's door. For all three, if I lock and then unlock and repeat several times, it seems that the locks mostly work OK on the first couple of cycles, but then they will start to fail to operate after that. Is this normal? Also, sometimes the locks will not operate even on the first cycle -- seems to be associated with the car being hot (sitting in the sun). I live in Tampa and its been pretty hot lately.

I don't seem to have any other electrical issues (like door ajar light) going on. I pulled the driver's side kick panel and cleaned up and tightened down the ground point there. I have not yet done the ground in the passenger's side kick panel. I also pulled the door lock relay and inspected it, no corrosion or other apparent problems there.

Oddly enough mine do this in the cold of winter but work just fine in the summer. Except the liftgate one which hasn't worked electrically since I've owned it.

I have four of the little motors that I got off of eBay but haven't tried replacing them yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom