Power Brake Booster (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 65 FJ40 with disc brakes all around and a Wilwood master cylinder. This rig has no brake booster. Looking to add a brake booster / hydroboost even if I have to change the master. Firewall has 3 bolt pattern and yes has the rib on the engine bay side. Not opposed to a little fabrication if that's what it takes. Brakes work good, just takes a lot of effort. Thanks in advance if you have recommendations... Yes that's a small block.
IMG_0631.jpg

Pretty sure that Mark's Off Road makes/has an adapter to fit a vacuum booster on early firewalls/cowls. 818-953-9230

@65swb45

Well I finished my booster project. Moved the battery to the passenger side a couple months ago. AND I got my two teenage girls to help out! Guess they want to drive it LOL ! That's why I wanted power brakes! Here's a few pics. I made a bracket to offset the booster as this early FJ has the rib in the firewall. Thanks to Rick at BTB Products for the components and to Elegant Overkill for the fabrication support!

booster bracket.jpg

booster on bracket.jpg

Booster components mounted.jpg

power brakes finished.jpg

What booster & master did you use?

How do your brakes work? To much/little boost?

What booster & master did you use?

How do your brakes work? To much/little boost?
This rig has disc brakes all the way around. I used to have to push real hard before adding the booster. Especially when it was cold right after start (almost couldn't stop it). Now I have a real easy pedal push and stops on a dime.

This rig has disc brakes all the way around. I used to have to push real hard before adding the booster. Especially when it was cold right after start (almost couldn't stop it). Now I have a real easy pedal push and stops on a dime.

With an 80 booster and master, mine will lock all 4 at 30 mph with the stab of two fingers... some would say over boosted.

Nice job. I went with hydroboost with 4 discs myself and prefer it. Similar cost and I wanted power steering. Your install looks great, sir. The header wrap is a great compliment as well. Happy wheeling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom