power antennae fix (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i did a search, and maybe i missed it, but my power antennae just quit working and i can hear the motor running if i try to move up or down and when i shut the power off you can hear the motor trying to pull it back in. i can manualy pull it up and down. is there an easy fix here?

No.

Sounds like the plastic cord thingy that does the extending and retracting is broken. Purchase a new one.

You will need to buy a new antenna. Don't let a parts guy tell you they can only sell the whole unit for $200, the stalk was only $35 or so and wasn't too bad to replace. good luck.

Agreed.

alstaz said:
You will need to buy a new antenna. Don't let a parts guy tell you they can only sell the whole unit for $200, the stalk was only $35 or so and wasn't too bad to replace. good luck.

C-Dan can sell you one.

Just did mine not long ago. He needs to know what year model, etc..

Easy fix, and all the instructions are here. Search again.

just talked to the parts guy. $42.98 for new mast. he said there was the possibility of the plastic lead being broken off in the motor then would have to take the motor apart and get the plastic out. hope that's not the case. thanks for the input.

My mast was broken when I bought my truck. I had replaced one on my 4Runner, so I figured it was no big deal. The kit for the 4Runner comes with a new cable, and was easy. Not so for the Landcruiser. Mast is sold by itself with no cable. My cable was broken as well, so I went back to the dealer for a new cable and was told that they aren't sold seperately- you have to buy a new motor for well over $100.

I'd be interested to know if there's a way to replace the cable without replacing the motor.

-Spike

Buckums said:
just talked to the parts guy. $42.98 for new mast. he said there was the possibility of the plastic lead being broken off in the motor then would have to take the motor apart and get the plastic out. hope that's not the case. thanks for the input.

Not a big deal if it is. An easy way to check is to compare the length of the new lead to the one you pulled out. Its just a matter of a few screws to open the housing. You'll want to clean and lubricate the parts inside anyway.

The whole process took me maybe 45 minutes.

awesome. i'll take a look at it tonight. thanks again for the info. very helpful as always.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom