Power Antenna Problems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought my HDJ81 knowing that the mask was broken. PO told me that I could just
buy a new mask with the white plastic strip with the gear teeth on it and just insert it down
into the assembly. Well this power antenna assembly isn't like that. That is only for the 96 and new
cruiser's and Lexus 450's.
So this antenna assembly reminds me of my FJ62 power antenna assembly. I don't think I can just
replace the mask on one of these. Do I have pull and replace the whole power antenna assembly? IF
so are these antenna assembly's still available from the Toyota Dealer? I thought this was a discontinued
part?? If still available whats the part number?
Does anyone have a good used power antenna assembly for my 81 that they would be willing to part
with? If i cant get this fixed I will have to get a new head unit and just use my USB stick music and I
really need my local stations also. Thanks for any input everyone!!

Try the 80 forum

So no one has had to replace their antenna mask or whole assembly due to power failure?
Didn't get the info I am looking for in the 80 section cause I have a 1990 and all the info is for
1991 and higher. 1990 Toyota was still making the FJ62's. That why I said the antenna assembly
reminds me of one from a FJ62 that I parted out..
I am going to pull the whole antenna assembly tomorrow from my 81. What a pain in the ass this is gong
to be. Will have to take the dash apart to so I can disconnect the antenna cable from the back of the head unit.
O what fun!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom