power antenna for fj-62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is there a remast kit for the power antenna? Mike

Is there a remast kit for the power antenna? Mike

When I bought my fj62, the antenna was broken off. The PO showed me the replacement antenna mast that was included in the sale, and said all I had to do was install it. This was my first foray into Cruiser maintenance. It was a royal pain to replace, but I'm glad I did it. Nothing like retracting your antenna to keep it from breaking off. I don't know where the PO got it, but probably SOR like referenced in the post #2 above.

try 86353-14332 from your toyota parts desk. it's for a forerunner I think but it works fine

My wife broke hers in the car wash one day when she forgort to retract it so I went out to my local dealer and bought a brand new unit motor and all $180 at the time, well a month later my wife went and did the same thing needless to say she goes without.

Some drunk broke mine off. I usually go with all OEM parts, but for this one I plan to replace with a short bendy aftermarket one.

I have the short bendy one on 2 of my cruisers.Dont get them poorer performance. Mike

There used to be generic powered antennae (latin - like it?) by companies like Bosch that were identical or better than OEM.

Harada makes some: Harada Power Antenna at Auto Parts Warehouse but not specifically for Toyota, so someone has to be the guinea pig.

Care to volunteer? It's too far down on my list to do any time soon.

It was not on my list until I dragged my arm across the broken mast,while washing the cruiser, and ripped my arm open. Mike

Why replace the whole thing, just replace the mast. I posted the Toyota part number above.

Bill

i am putting in the 62 powered antenna into my 60. Got the whole thing from CDan for about 150 iirc.

got the switch etc. previously, now just need to swap it in and wire it up.

If your motor or anything else is not working well - food for thought. or if you have a 60 and want the power ant...

GL!

rob

i've replaced 7 over all between the 4runners and the 62. I got fed up with the toyota one and just got a $10 5' flexible mast from autozone and it's the best decision I could have made. it required no modifacation and has survived several SEVERE beatings in the brush, and I can actually tune in radio stations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom