Powdercoating Stock 60 Wheels (1 Viewer)

Powdercoating wheel color

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am sending my stock rims off the be powdercoated ( thanks Al) and I need to know what color- I am leaning towards ARB gray- to match the roof rack I am looking to purchase.

Opinions are appreciated

I think mine turned out to be more gunmetal than ARB grey. This poser pic shows the color difference between rack and wheels. However, I really like factory WHITES on the nite blue 60's also! -M.
1985 fj60 088.jpg

Voted ARB Gray...I think that would look great on your 60.

I'm pretty sure I will be going with Black on my stock 62 rims...or white maybe??

EDIT: That is a very nice rig mmmahhmatt!

ok that looks badass- How do you like the full length ARB? Is the weight a big hinderance?

I think mine turned out to be more gunmetal than ARB grey. This poser pic shows the color difference between rack and wheels. However, I really like factory WHITES on the nite blue 60's also! -M.

Yo bro, that is a sweet looking 60 there. Colors look real good.:cheers:

Thanks for the compliments. (Look for my truck in the for-sale section this weekend:crybaby:). The rack is heavy and difficult to get up there, I haven't removed it since it was installed. It's do-able with two TALL people but four is easier! On the truck, I don't notice a weight hinderance when empty. Untill I load it up. Back to wheels: battleship grey is best on solid steelies like 40's. -M.
P1010571.jpg

I just bounced this decision around myself recently.

For a long time I was leaning towards powder coating the factory wheels chrome on a stock white 62, it turns out much closer to the hue of a machine finished alloy wheel or maybe a mildly polished aluminium. That might look good with the dark grey exterior? I wanted a stock look and a little shine for contrast without the bling, not that there's anything wrong with that.

I eventually decided on a set of 16" 80 series steelies in the reg steel wheel silver, wanted the 16" for tire size options.

Giving the options you listed, I would choose the grey lightest of the choices b/c of the dark exterior. I personally like some contrast between the body, wheels, and accesories.

For consideration here is a picture of a anthricite on a 80 wheel I put on a LX recently.

As good as your 60 looks, I doubt you will make a bad decision.
LX450 1011 016.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom