Powder Coating Wheels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone with experience on the durability of powder coating the OEM Aluminum wheels? How do they hold up in very salty conditions?

Any other comments on powder coating or other recommendations of refinishing wheels is appreciated.

some guys have painted them, and they have worked quite well!! try to search painted wheels and I think you will get some threads!!

I powdercoated mine.

I am very happy with the outcome and how easy they are to clean.

However, it was more $$$ than rattle can.

I powdercoated mine.

I am very happy with the outcome and how easy they are to clean.

However, it was more $$$ than rattle can.

PC'd mine, best thing yet is they don't show the crap load of brake dust on the front wheels anymore.

How much did you guys pay and did you go silver?

cheap

Was that $200 per wheel? Cuz that is not much if it is for all 5! I was quoted around $580 for 4 sandblasted and PC'd, that is not with mounting and balancing either.

Another place quoted me around $60 per wheel not sandblasted, but prepped before dropping them off. They said they can do multiple colors. Basically, anything I wanted to do, they can do.

Where did you get your wheels PC'd?

I paid $400 for 5 wheels. I thought it was a little much but less than new wheels and I love them.

I just dropped off 5 very dirty old rims and they did all the cleaning and acid wash.

my wheels encounter a few too many rocks for powder coating to last long...I'm planning on simply stripping and rattle canning mine black when I go back to OEM wheels.

PC'd mine, best thing yet is they don't show the crap load of brake dust on the front wheels anymore.

That is why I wanna do mine...they look like crap all the time because they are always coated in brake dust.

$200 for all 5. They did my sliders at the same time, total bill was $300.

I'm gonna have to see if I can pull that off...I built my own Sliders and the rattlecan Black paint is already failing, and some rust showing through...I just gotta figure out how to get to work for a few days with no wheels on my 80!

I had black chrome powdercoat done and paid $75/per, including clear coat. The wheels were new, but still needed to be blasted to get a sticky surface (they were polished) . They shed dirt and brake dust VERY easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom