Powder Coating Recommendations in Orlando (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Irish Reiver

GOLD Star
SILVER Star
Threads
Hi Guys,

I want to powder coat my stock rims to something close to gun metal grey. Does anyone know a good powder coating company in the area?

TIA

john

Hey John, I’ve got a couple.

-PJ Powder
-Maurice at Olympits Wheel Repair
-Glory Sandblast and Powdercoat

I’ve got more but these I have had the most success with.

Thanks Matt. My new tires arrived today so need to get these wheels done ASAP....

I have not used these guys but some of my friends have. They told me they do a good job. I have some parts that I need powder coated too. I will keep you posted with my progress and I will be interested to hear about yours as well. Thanks

Steve

image.jpg

I see now they are on the bottom of Cruisermat’s list.

Sweet, thanks for posting that, I need to powder coat my storage drawers for my LXs rear tailgate so I can install them;)

Sweet, thanks for posting that, I need to powder coat my storage drawers for my LXs rear tailgate so I can install them;)

Is that steel or aluminum? PJ’s won’t touch anything steel unless it’s already blasted.

Aluminum. Thanks for the 411, I have some other stuff that needs PC that will need prep;)

How is pricing with the Glory sandblasting place - Palm Beach is pricey and been wondering if I'd be better off hauling junk up to Central Florida.

I haven’t been there myself but I may try to bring some stuff there tomorrow. I have my running boards that I want to have sandblasted and powder coated. I also want to do my License plate bracket, spare tire catch among other things. I will let you know how I make out when I get by.

How is pricing with the Glory sandblasting place - Palm Beach is pricey and been wondering if I'd be better off hauling junk up to Central Florida.

Depends on what you're having done... Call and ask, I've had them do bumpers, roofracks, cage parts, wheels, axle housings, knuckles, radius arms, etc. so they should have some good reference as to what they've charged for similar stuff in the past. I can almost guarantee you'll see Rover parts there.

So I had some parts powder coated black at Glory. They did an excellent job. They sand blasted them and powder coated them. It is a family run buisness. I dealt with Chris. He had me put all my stuff in a pile right in the parking lot against the front stairs. I said you gonna move this stuff inside. He said no it’s gonna stay right there until we do it. I said ok but those are all old fj parts that are tough to find. He said don’t worry about it. It took him about a week and a half. I was not in a hurry. I thought the pricing was very fair. I would recommend them. Looking for the pewter-silver color to have all my silver stuff done.

I will post some pictures when I get home.

Here are a few pictures. The flash and lighting does not do it justice.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I still never got my wheels done. When it came to pulling the trigger I couldn't make my mind up on the color. I ended up painting my spare 4 times until i got the color I wanted. Started with gun metal grey before settling on ......wait for it ....matt black. Sometime in the next few months I will get round to getting them done...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom