Powder coating in Chicago west suburbs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thats good news cause I haven't painted the cage in a few years. If the bare spots get rusty it just means I have to go wheeling again.

I started using the POR15 treatment on small bubbles in the paint on the 80. Grind them out to clan metal and hit them with the POR. That was three years ago. I’m feeling if I spray the matching Toyota color on the areas it’ll look worse the truck has freckles.

I bought three cans of hunter green for the mini. I may give the be some rustoleum bed liner and I think I’ll leave it. Its perfectly not pretty.

Not really adding much to the question asked by the OP, but FYI:
my friend and I had the first 2 front bumpers shipped to Illinois by Ben Calhoon (Dissent of road owner / fabricator) in 2015 and when they came they were badly damaged by the shipper (UPS)
From further conversations we found out that it was a common problem and Ben had a hard time getting them to pay for the damages, eventually forcing him to quit powder coating (he also had an issue with quality of outsourced powder coating job and had very limited options near him)
Hope this helps you understanding the issue.
Cheers !

To me... If a powder coated bumper can't be dropped without damaging the finish, how can you expect to bolt a 5k lb truck to it and drag it over rocks/bump the lights at the mall?

Greetings friends. I'm in Aurora, IL, and wondering what options I have near me for powder coating. Would appreciate any testimonials (good or bad) or recommendations. Cheers! :beer:
www.ppccl.com - Home up in Crystal Lake, IL. They mostly do industrial and not automotive so they really know what they are doing. They have been powder coating for over 20 years.

Patina.

The wheeler gets heavy powder coat and lots of rubbing, but next to it is an old truck that has been painted to look like patina...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom