Powder coating in Chicago west suburbs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Greetings friends. I'm in Aurora, IL, and wondering what options I have near me for powder coating. Would appreciate any testimonials (good or bad) or recommendations. Cheers! :beer:

I know of none*

*This useless response is presented in accordance with new social norms around here set forth by whines of the most infantile tourists. In other words, we don't want someone to assume we DO know of a powder coat place but want to hoard that information all to ourselves.

Know of two in the New Lenox/Joliet area that do good work. But nothing in/around Aurora.

Winning colors in New Lenox is the only one I've seen work from. They did a lot of parts for motorcycle restorations- Only seen black powdercoat from there but it looked good.

Greetings friends. I'm in Aurora, IL, and wondering what options I have near me for powder coating. Would appreciate any testimonials (good or bad) or recommendations. Cheers! :beer:
What are you planing to powder coat? I’m partial to NOT powder coating. Water can get between it and the metal and make things worse. When it comes to wheels you can get a similar finish wiht a rattle can that is easily touched up which in your region is a nice feature. If its frame f your truck there are better options.

What are you planing to powder coat? I’m partial to NOT powder coating. Water can get between it and the metal and make things worse. When it comes to wheels you can get a similar finish wiht a rattle can that is easily touched up which in your region is a nice feature. If its frame f your truck there are better options.

I’m looking into powder coating a rear bumper. Dissent Off-road only ships raw steel bc of damage that can happen to the finish during transit. Lots of other places ship powder coated materials but I just wanted to get an idea of what items this size would cost to have done locally.

I’m looking into powder coating a rear bumper. Dissent Off-road only ships raw steel bc of damage that can happen to the finish during transit. Lots of other places ship powder coated materials but I just wanted to get an idea of what items this size would cost to have done locally.
My Slee bumpers came coated. The only thing I own that I'm actually impressed by the powder coating. However, the truck lives inside and isn't driven in the winter. Theres lots of good options out there, many of which you can do yourself. Do a little homework on it before you decide for sure. Good luck.

My Slee bumpers came coated. The only thing I own that I'm actually impressed by the powder coating. However, the truck lives inside and isn't driven in the winter. Theres lots of good options out there, many of which you can do yourself. Do a little homework on it before you decide for sure. Good luck.

Thanks. This is the first time hearing a vendor wouldn’t ship something coated. I have an ARB front bumper that came with a quality coating. And my 99 LC is all black. I’ll look into some other options too.

I don't like powder coat because you can't repair it. And I'll be removing much of the paint on the first trip. And daily driving in Chicago may be worse than rocks.

I like Rust-Oleum professional high gloss (both cause it's the hardest and cause I'm fancy). Rattle can and foam brush depending on if I'm doing the jungle gym or under regions. Easy to repair with sand paper or wire wheel and re paint. You still get elevation difference that way, but at least it's not the thickness of powder coat.

I don't like powder coat because you can't repair it. And I'll be removing much of the paint on the first trip. And daily driving in Chicago may be worse than rocks.

I like Rust-Oleum professional high gloss (both cause it's the hardest and cause I'm fancy). Rattle can and foam brush depending on if I'm doing the jungle gym or under regions. Easy to repair with sand paper or wire wheel and re paint. You still get elevation difference that way, but at least it's not the thickness of powder coat.

That's a good point. I guess there's nothing more practical (or cost effective) for active wheelers than rattle can.

I'm a rustoleum semi gloss guy.

Get your semi's outta here. We only like hard gloss. Or maybe a Scott...

I'm a firm believer in whatever rattle can I used last time. I wish I knew what it was

Duplicolor high zinc primer and whatever is on the shelf in the garage also works. Love that primer but I can only find it at advance auto. It's great until you don't get it all the way off and weld over it, start slamming the glasses of milk....

Primer is another thing that, to me, can only make sense if you don't plan to go wheeling. Nothing will increase adhesion enough to deal with dragging a 5k lb truck over sharp rocks. s***, the metal cant even adhere to itself. Im sure my truck has lost several lbs of metal on rocks.

Rustoleum has primer built in.
It truly is the Chuck Norris of finishes.

Primer is another thing that, to me, can only make sense if you don't plan to go wheeling. Nothing will increase adhesion enough to deal with dragging a 5k lb truck over sharp rocks. s***, the metal cant even adhere to itself. Im sure my truck has lost several lbs of metal on rocks.

I used to have the same opinion but it's pretty good s*** and keeps the rust away.

You guys have this all wrong, rust is now fashionable and increases value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom