Powder Coating an OEM 2F Oil Cooler (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

a quick goggle search says " Traditional non-high temp powder coatings can withstand up to about 250°F and occasional spikes in temp up to about 350°F - 400°F. Our experience has shown high temperature powder coatings to be troublesome to spray, have poor longevity, and overall durability. "

oil cooler is probably not the best place for it....as it will easily be at or above the 250 F temp range on the regular.

I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night, but I would think a coating that thick would inhibit the heat transfer.

a quick goggle search says " Traditional non-high temp powder coatings can withstand up to about 250°F and occasional spikes in temp up to about 350°F - 400°F. Our experience has shown high temperature powder coatings to be troublesome to spray, have poor longevity, and overall durability. "

oil cooler is probably not the best place for it....as it will easily be at or above the 250 F temp range on the regular.
If the normal operating range of a 2F is 180-200 is 250 possible at the oil cooler? I had not thought about the thickness of the coating. What about the oil filter bracket?

FJ40 2F Oil Cooler.jpg

Even though the cooling is from circulating engine coolant, why restrict any radiant cooling by coating the outside with other than paint?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom