Powder Coated Diamond Plate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm getting my diamond plate powder coated and wanted to see pics of painted or powder coated plating. I'm not sure if I want a shine or a flat finish. Could you post pictures of what you have, to help me out. Thank You My Mud Family. :cheers:

have whoever does is blast it with something for texture, it will not be as smooth but i have had GREAT luck powdercoating motorcycle pegs/rearsets that are VERY VERY durable

here you go the carrier is semi gloss the roll cage is gloss and so is the bumper
fj40complete086.jpg
fj40complete028.jpg

Fieldsken1 , I gotta say, That is One Outstanding Rig. Nice Work all the way around. I kinda like the gloss. :hmm: It sucks, Because I think I have my mind made up ,then I think ... Maybe not.:meh:

Yeah, powder coaters can coat it any way you want. I'd go semi-gloss black to make it easy to touch up (Rustoleum S/G black).

See , This is the deal. I found a place in Phoenix, that does prison labor, and good work. They do powder coating, furniture recovering ,auto re-upholstery and the list goes on. They do this so when the inmates are released, they have a skill they can do for work. I think that's really cool. Anyways, I took my diamond plate in to get done I just need to let them know what color after I get the cost. If anyone in the Phoenix area wants to check this out let me know and I will send you the info.

See , This is the deal. I found a place in Phoenix, that does prison labor, and good work. They do powder coating, furniture recovering ,auto re-upholstery and the list goes on. They do this so when the inmates are released, they have a skill they can do for work. I think that's really cool. Anyways, I took my diamond plate in to get done I just need to let them know what color after I get the cost. If anyone in the Phoenix area wants to check this out let me know and I will send you the info.

now that is a great idea... wish i were near for that deal

Personally, I dig Cardinal Black Hammer.
78FJ40 16.jpg
78FJ40 23a.jpg
Hinge 02.jpg

I just got my Diamond Plated Aluminum floorboards for my 2009 Ranger XP. I personally did not want a shiny finish so along with my buddy who made the floorboards we came up with an idea to paint them black. I did not think diamond powders coating would last and I am thrilled with how they turned out. I will try and post pictures once I get them installled.

Powder is rated in % of gloss. I use 20% gloss (cardinal BK08). It is close to what ARB bumpers use. The nice thing about that is it's a near perfect match to Krylon Semi -Gloss spray paint in case you need a quick touch up.
If you get you truck dirty a lot like I do, the lower gloss doesn't show finger prints, grease and dirt as much.
90% is like a mirror finish, almost translucent. Like BSEVENS, I also like the hammertone (BK04 ) and the
semi gloss texture ( BK59 ). If you run by Cardinal they will give you larger swatches on small steel plates. They are just south of the I-10 off 40th St. ...3816 E Superior 85040. They also have catalogs with all the colors on smaller swatches

^^ whaaaat?

D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom