Powder Coat Bed Rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

80710BF1-DC75-4C9A-ABCA-CA8DD673A8D7.jpeg
2FDD5AF0-351C-41CB-BCEB-D8421A692CE0.jpeg

Seems a bit high to me, but location and the quality will dictate price.

7C04C04C-E45B-40E0-A360-3D37CDBFF12E.jpeg
Look up the metal tech family cage fully assembled. Yours looks smaller(6’ bed?) by the pictures. Problem is all things are local. I don’t have a lot of places to choose from, but regulatory cost may be higher in other areas.

That sounds a bit high to me but I am assuming that you want a simple color (like satin black, gloss black, white, etc). It is on the larger side so that limits your sources a bit. Also does that price include a zinc/epoxy powder primer? It is not essential to do it but it might justify some of the price.

If you have other sources I think you could shave that number by $150 or more.

Good luck- sweet 45!

I plan on the same color as the truck. I removed and saved the headache rack and had the fabricator match the design. I just got another quote from a place 15 min away from the other one. He quoted only $250.

Got it powder coated. Decided on cream white to match the top, bezel and TOYOTA on tail gate. What do you all think?

Found a great place with huge oven and they quoted me $400 and charged me only $300. They even lifted it off and put it back on the truck.

Now waiting for fabric top.
D2A0C949-D4FD-4702-B874-1EA2E1BA1B3D.jpeg
B984D55D-45F8-4BB4-8F38-7D7517BA7436.jpeg
BE258D5F-9F26-431C-962A-84F73ECBF5C9.jpeg

Wow! 👍

Nice fabrication and powdercoat !

What are those 2 wood boxes on the side of your house?

Nice fabrication and powdercoat !

What are those 2 wood boxes on the side of your house?

My guess is they are bat boxes and super nice ones at that! I have one on my chimney but the bats aren’t interested in using it...still see anywhere from 2-4 bats flying in our back yard each evening after bugs.

looking to make some of those myself! did your wife design it herself or does she have a pattern?

super sweet truck too! i’d love to have a 45 some day

You guys don’t miss anything. We show something on Mud and somebody is looking in the background.

My wife makes those Bat Boxes. Still no bats living in them.
View attachment 1946573

Nice work on the bow rack!

FWIW: Bat Boxes - If you don't already know, be sure to build them with multiple chambers. If not, you will have a colony of all males or all females.....Well, that is what I was told years ago. Our three chamber unit houses a nice colony.

Thanks for that--didn't mean to take your thread off-track. We have bats here too, so guessing you encourage them to live nearby to go after bugs. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom