Builds Powda Blue 74 Build - Tilda Bogue Service Station (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

December. Cold. Rain.

Owner calls me. Says no start.

“Why are you driving your topless, doorless Land Cruiser in the rain anyway”

Silly answer. Too long to convey.

I picked it up. Brought it home. Dug in.

Nolan - maybe I missed this in the thread, but curious to this brake attached device
1671974704316.jpeg

December. Cold. Rain.

Owner calls me. Says no start.

“Why are you driving your topless, doorless Land Cruiser in the rain anyway”

Silly answer. Too long to convey.

I picked it up. Brought it home. Dug in.
I sympathize , I'll be spending xmas morning finishing a part I promised before a post xmas day run. I sent out parts for braking. They got screwed up
by a new pressbrake operator. Got replacements at 6pm Friday. All day yesterday and at it again 6am this morning

So I hot wired the fuel pump with a new wire that’s not loomed through the frame and it came back to life. That tells me a rodent must be involved.

I get pressure when I key the prime and then it falls away.

Searches on the Holley forum tell me the regulator may have gone bad…..so I rob a regulator off one of mine.

Same.

Check fire. It’s good. It fires up on the first prime on the squirt of fuel it gets but then it has no Tach signal and no fuel pressure.

I’m leaning ECU @matzell

I’ll have a week to lose sleep over it.

Merry Christmas all. I’m tapping my feet to get this show on the road around here myself. My kids are past the age of a dawn assault on presents

So I ordered a new Sniper and installed it and the truck fired up and ran as normal.

Then once it warmed up the exhaust was all cloudy.

Shut it off. Checked the oil.

Full of water.

He’s driven it 1500 miles since I replaced the head and gasket after his kid overheated it.

I hate to make this phone call.

Bummer! OEM headgasket? Why pull the whole lump rather than just replacing in place?

Ugh 😕

Bummer! OEM headgasket? Why pull the whole lump rather than just replacing in place?
The owners kid overheated it back 1500 miles ago.

I put a new head and new gasket (OEM) on it and now it’s blown again.

I don’t care how you drive it there is something wrong here. Maybe the block is warped and won’t seal.

Also the truck presented to me as not starting. Nothing to do with a head gasket.

So, how long had the owner been driving around on coolant filled oil?

He had just gotten back from a 3 hour highway trip so who knows.

So-o-o, this is part of your warranty coverage?

So-o-o, this is part of your warranty coverage?

Good question.

Last time they overheated it, a hose popped off the motor Granted they were using it in the summer, 3200 rpm and some other factors but I did install the hose that ended up being the “fuse”

I felt bad. Towed it home 7 hours. Bought a $500 head and a $100 head gasket and sucked up the labor.

This time I was fully planning on charging him full shop rate to get it running again.

Then when I get it running I see the blow through and such.

Now my brain goes down the path….did I put a bad head on it? Did I mess up the torque sequence? Hell, it’s been 1500 miles since the last gasket. Wouldn’t either of those shown up sooner?

So I don’t know honestly how to handle it.

Since I started building trucks for other people ….I’m up to about 25 vehicles running around, this is the only one I’ve had come back

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom