POTM pre Big Ugly (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trollhole

THC
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Wasn't expecting to do a POTM as my current 55 resto is mothballed while I install the Big Gay 2f in my fj40. But as this is Clemson55's month to do a writeup and I just bought his pig I figured I might fill the void.

I hadn't expected to buy another pig as my list of current projects woulld last someone with my kind of time years. But I couldn't pass up helping Richard out and hated to see it get parted or sent to the crusher. SO I bought for $400 as a last resort. Somehow I was the only one stupid enough to buy it. So what do I have?

A basket case. But a great base to start a strickly wheeler.

cruiser 001.jpg
[/IMG]

I had a towing company meet me over to where it was. His first words were. Your an idiot. Great start. Had basically 4 flat tires and about 500 pounds of crap in the back that Richard had been so kind in throwing in. Dunno if that was a good idea. That fat bastard hooked some little tires to the rear and towed Big Ugly over to a friends house about 15 miles away at a whopping speed of 15 miles an hr. An hr later it was parked and I paid the man $60 dollars.

This was the $1 pig that was had on E-bay a few years ago. You want some history look here. https://forum.ih8mud.com/sale-parts/219438-73-fj55.html

So it's a 73 with a 60 front axle that is offcenter by 2 inches and steering that is all screwed up. Engine was running last I saw it. Ran pretty good.

So what I'm planning on doing.

SOA the front axle and center it.
Hysteer
Sourcing a 60 series rear axle.
Swapping in some 4:88's or 5:29s
Already sold the current f motor in it for $150 minus the carb.
Rebuild my 76 2f I just yanked out of my 40 with some flattop pistons and a 3fe head I have laying around
Ditching the 3spd combo for a 4spd and slpit case I have laying around.
Bob the back all the way to the shackle hangers
Cut the rear cage off.
Cut the center rollbar spreader and weld in something that won't kill me or my passenger.
4 bucket seats
Paint the grill.
And wheel the piss out of it.

How does that sound?

Goal.

possiblecopy.jpg
[/IMG]

Troll,

You'll have a cool chopped rig for sure when complete--wish I had bought the F block from you--keep us updated!:beer:

Marshall, join the idiots crew:D..........when finished it will be one badass ride and you saved it from the dreaded crushers:eek:.............my:princess:called me the same and maybe worse when I showed up with the two pigs for "body transplant":cheers:

Lou

:smokin: Yeah dude a nutha chopped & bobbed :pig:
You know I like!
Those high shock towers w/ leafs :lol: Unless you plan on mounting those shocks up high above the housing to get the "look" or using VERY long leafs, I don't think you can get enough travel to utilize the total shock extension you have pictured.
Look at pics of Goeb's rig - he's using 14" travel coilovers & his towers are below the hood :D
Sounds like a good *economical build since you're using mostly what's in yer stash of parts.

Well yesterday I finally got her towed to her new resting place. SHe does actually run but the clutch is shot. SOme photos of the ugly.

DSC00870.JPG

DSC00869.JPG

DSC00868.JPG

DSC00867.JPG

DSC00866.JPG

Notice the front axle issue

DSC00863.JPG

DSC00865.JPG

DSC00864.JPG

DSC00862.JPG

DSC00861.JPG

DSC00860.JPG

the death bar

DSC00858.JPG

DSC00857.JPG

DSC00856.JPG

Where are you located, I might be interested!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom