Potential New Owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all! Just registered for the site. My wife currently drives a Sequoia but I am looking to trade it in and possibly buy a LC. Any suggestions thoughts? We will buy a 2019 or 2020 model. Are there many differences?

Thanks!

C

fantastic decision, highly recommended. 2016+ essentially no changes, can't go wrong. Buying new or used? The Heritage Edition if you can get one is cool too if your ok with no 3rd row

Other than the '20 Heritage Edition mentioned above, there are no substantial differences in the base models. The big difference might be on price, since when I bought mine, the dealer was offering more discounts on the previous model year. '19 in your case.

I got my 2018 left over last year and have loved it! I was a long-time Land Rover person and made the switch to the LC200 and have not looked back since. I'd recommend going with a 2016+ as that is the year they made some changes and it has remained the same up until the present time. It's funny because I was at the store today and a brand new Sequoia parked next to me and the owner loved my LC200. I considered a lot of vehicles before buying this one, and it's not for everyone, but it's a brilliant machine!

'18 gives you the option of not getting the video screens in the headrest which were mandatory in '16 and '17. '18+ also comes with power rear hatch and soft close lower hatch. Other than that, '16-'20 are essentially the same.

EDIT: there were some software updates to the 16-17 tranny which the dealer should do before you drive it away. Also, there was an airbag/seatbelt recall you'll want resolved before you drive your truck home.

Last edited:
Another reason I chose my ‘19...the lack of screens. They are absolutely unnecessary theses days with a better performing iPad to take its place. My last 200 had the screens and they went unused and got in the way

Hi all! Just registered for the site. My wife currently drives a Sequoia but I am looking to trade it in and possibly buy a LC. Any suggestions thoughts? We will buy a 2019 or 2020 model.
I'd find a low-mile 17-19 CPO that you really like. You'll get a new-adjacent vehicle, long warranty, save a bunch. My .02. Also, consider the LX.

'18 gives you the option of not getting the video screens in the headrest which were mandatory in '16 and '17. '18+ also comes with power rear hatch and soft close lower hatch. Other than that, '16-'20 are essentially the same.

EDIT: there were some software updates to the 16-17 tranny which the dealer should do before you drive it away. Also, there was an airbag/seatbelt recall you'll want resolved before you drive your truck home.

In addition to above...2018+ has auto power folding rearview mirror and improved KDSS bolt (instead of hex screw).

After seeing the progress made on the AHC bypass/delete on the LX in this very forum I would also highly consider a LX as well even if you have plans to modify/lift it in the future as they are more plentiful, have nicer interior appointments and can usually be found for a better price. That is only if the looks appeal to you. Good luck in your search.

I just purchased a 2019 with 8k miles for my wife. Just got it home yesterday. We absolutely love it. I watched the market for over a month Looking for a 2018 or 19 that had low miles and only owned for a year or less. Prices can vary quite a bit. Take your time but be ready to make a move when you find the one you want. 3 that I looked at sold before I could even speak to the salesperson Because they were priced right. I used the website Autolist.com among others. If your looking at 2019 models don’t hesitate to ask for 7-8k off of MSRP. My wife offered a local dealer 77k for a new 2019 and they accepted. (We didn’t buy it because it wasn’t our 1st or 2nd choice for color) However we had other local dealers laugh at similar offers. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom