***POSTPONED**** SWAP MEET! Saturday Oct 22 at Overland Cruisers! ***POSTPONED*** (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
*****SWAP MEET IS NOW POSTPONED******* See post #9 for details.

So it’s official! Our first ever SWAP meet is happening this Saturday Oct 22nd at Overland Cruisers in Belgrade.

Please like this post if you think you’ll join us for lunch… this is the best way for us to get a RSVP for how much grub to buy.

The swap meet will run from 9am till after lunch-ish. The Club will cook up a free lunch (probably some hot dogs and chips).

When: Saturday October 22nd
Time: 9-2ish
Where: Overland Cruisers 69 Bulrush Ave Belgrade MT
What: a swap meet, meet and greet and free lunch!
Why: get rid of your old cruiser junk and buy everyone else’s Cruiser junk. Then it’s YOUR NEW Cruiser junk.

We’re hoping to provide a space for you to come and sell your stuff that you don’t want anymore. Buy, sell, trade… it’s all good.

Please only bring Toyota, overlanding gear, tools etc. this isn’t a garage sale but a car club swap meet. Bring cash and I’m sure some people can make a deal through PayPal or Venmo, but I wouldn’t count on it.

We’ll do lunch around noon if you just want to come hang and poke around.

So get out in the garage and dust off those old Toyota parts and come see if someone else needs it!

We’ll have some ground rules from OC when we get there to make sure we are good guests but feel free to come and setup at 9am or just before. It’s gonna be casual, I’d suggest a camp chair, wads of cash and a good attitude. As always wel trained kids and pooches are welcome. Please see to it that your dogs and kids are under control. There’s gonna be a lot of gear spread out and this is still a working shop that we want to respect.

Post up questions here and we will try to find the answer.

Agian please like this post if you think you’ll join us for lunch… this is the best way for us to get a RSVP for how much grub to buy.

Last edited:
Drew, PMing about some other details
Paul

I'll swing by. Does anyone have a complete steering column with wheel for an early (1963) FJ40 / FJ45LV? I'm also looking for a carb for my 69 FJ40.

Last edited:
I'll swing by. Does anyone have a complete steering column with wheel for an early (1963) FJ40 / FJ45LV? I'm also looking for a carb for my 69 FJ40.
@3_puppies is your best best bud.

How cool would it be for your baby to be born at a swap meet! Free lifetime membership!
i like the idea we had of him coming out to hang at the sand dunes the weekend she's due. that would be a story

@3_puppies is your best best bud.

the 69 is a rare carb as it was only for a few months, if it doesn't have to be exact there are some options.
Without looking, I don't know if I have that generation of box/column.
is the 63 a restoration?
I'll be able to check before the weekend.

Guys and gals, due to the weather report 40* and 90% chance of rain...

Overland Cruisers and 406 Cruisers have officially decided we are going to postpone the SWAP Meet... we are looking at next weekend but again we will play the weather.

We are not worried about the cooler temps, we do however want to avoid a rain soaked event. Even if we had a 20-40% of rain we would likely have stayed the course.

Sorry for the change, but this is the best move going forward!

I have most of one in Helena as well. If you need other early parts I have a bit of a 63/64 parts rig left Id like to pass on before it goes to the scrapyard.

the 69 is a rare carb as it was only for a few months, if it doesn't have to be exact there are some options.
Without looking, I don't know if I have that generation of box/column.
is the 63 a restoration?
I'll be able to check before the weekend.
The carb doesn't have to be exact. I'd just like to get it running. It actually might be a 70. I'm going to check in the morning.

The 63 will be a restomod. I has a chevy v8 now and a horrible chevy steering column. I'm trying to make the interior Toyota again but will have a chevy drivetrain of some sort. I haven't decided yet.

I have most of one in Helena as well. If you need other early parts I have a bit of a 63/64 parts rig left Id like to pass on before it goes to the scrapyard.
Do you have pics of what you have? I'm interested.

Looks like we made the right call today.

We’ll try again soon.

right now, would it be better to just plan for spring 2023?

Hey everyone, we think this is an AWESOME idea! However, we also think we might postpone until the spring when the weather is better for gathering and hanging out and we can take the time to promote it the way it deserves.

For now, we are officially postponing the SWAP meet until further notice.

A big shout out to Stephen @bagochips76 for suggesting and being willing to host this thing. Our long/warm fall lured us into thinking we could still get away with this in late October but I think the cooler weather is here to stay.

Maybe we will shoot for a spring meet and greet swap meet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom