Events/Trails POSTPONED --- February 2020 ROTM - Saturday 2/22/2020 - Montana Mountain (Updated Details) (1 Viewer)

Which trail would you prefer?

• Montana Mountain - Gold Canyon

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • Broken Arrow - Sedona

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Outlaw OHV Trail - Sedona

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cracker Jack Mine OHV Trail - Payson

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'll have wife, 9-year-old, 7-year-old, and 5-year-old.
We are in.

Hoping we stop long enough at some point for the little legs to get stretched and little bellies to get filled.

NOTE: I'll have a handheld HAMM, but I'm not yet licensed. So I'll be able to listen only.
I will have two 11 yo boys and a 9 yo. Bringing RC cars for them to play with in the mud when we stop! Let’s get them all together. Michael Bates - White 19 LC

My boyz won’t be joining tomorrow. Mom’s wary of their attention spans on a 4+ hour ride. So alas, I’ll be rolling solo.

Honger

Joel, TLCA #21509
SILVER Star

I will have two 11 yo boys and a 9 yo. Bringing RC cars for them to play with in the mud when we stop! Let’s get them all together. Michael Bates - White 19 LC
Hmmm... may have to dust off my RC’s as well...

TheGrrrrr

SILVER Star
Awww man! C’mon, we’ll be stopping for a lunch break at some point right? Right @TheGrrrrr ?!
Yeah, definitely stopping for lunch. Tentatively planning to stop at the Roger's Trough Trailhead, maybe somewhere else if we catch a break in the rain and have room. Not a ton of options to rally 15 rigs, but there are some.

TheGrrrrr

SILVER Star
Waiting for a call back from the Ranger District, but we will put safety first. I have access to some pretty granular weather data and I'm seeing a projected 1.67" of rain in that area, which is no small thing.

TheGrrrrr

SILVER Star
Well that’s a bummer, but it makes sense.
I'm sure some folks may go ahead but my thinking is pretty simple: Lots of washes to cross on that trail and conditions can go from easy to dangerous very quickly with that volume of rain. Really don't want us to get caught on the wrong side of the rapidly flowing water. I may be willing to put myself in that position, but I'm not willing to lead others into it. The cost of postponement is much lower than the risk.

I am super bummed though.

Otter

All Access Pass Holder
SILVER Star

My 2.5 y/o does pretty good. I just have to throw snacks at him every once and a while. Most of the time he is looking out the window or playing with toys. He has been on many different trails, some up to 10 hours. He is always excited when I tell him we are going offroading.
I took my 3 year old son on his first trail ride in October on the Casner Mountain ROTM. He did great. He never really liked having the windows open before that run, and now asks to open them all the time. I'm looking forward to taking him in the next run.

I took my 3 year old son on his first trail ride in October on the Casner Mountain ROTM. He did great. He never really liked having the windows open before that run, and now asks to open them all the time. I'm looking forward to taking him in the next run.
This is more mom’s hesitation. Once I get them out, I’m sure she’ll change her tune!

Thanks for the anecdotes!!

murf

Lifer

I'm still going to show up and check out the area. If too much water I'll explore around safely.
Grrr is right: safety first for sure.
If anyone is interested , I'll see you there at the original place and time. May be just paved roads or breakfast in superior?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom