Post your wheeling damage pics (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I know its not a 200 but its worth seeing

This LandCruiser saved lives getting people out of the fires at Kangaroo Island. Despite the damage, it's still being used!

When something similar happened in the US, Toyota gave the bloke a new ute. So how about it, Toyota Motor Corporation Australia?

#LandcruiserCountry
#KingOffTheRoad

81283988_10157815740868399_4049583401924034560_o.jpg

Came off a 2’ ledge, slammed a big pointy rocky and banged my way down. It was a bad situation where I basically had to shoot the gap like in a buggy. Just in a really steep area, with some very big boulders, and mud. But... it gave me some ideas for new products

Hit the slider... HARD
3D3BF546-D80C-4659-BCF7-DD36FD6E47D5.jpeg

the kicker saved the side of the truck from a granite rock wall
9F9EA4D6-1305-4990-B04E-212F4EF16107.jpeg

The stainless steel transfer case skid saved the front of the fuel tank. The 1/4” aluminum fuel skid saved the bottom of the tank.
85E6F5FB-F28C-4010-A253-01F261EE469E.jpeg

The SPC .188 DOM control arms are the weak link in the set up. Honestly, I’ve hit the factory ones hard and felt they held up better.
0D1CCDC3-21C6-4BF9-BB92-DF13EC0753D2.jpeg

Shock guards saved the BP-51s... again.
74E7E6C1-2A56-449E-A3D2-CC34ADB2B752.jpeg

I got off trail I though I broke some badly. My steering wheel was a little to the left. My alignment cam tabs are 1/4” fully welded steel (unlike the 1/16” tack welded factory tabs which are a joke). So I just don’t loose alignment.

Finding the rear axle is not centered anymore is the issue, and I’ll a new control arm on the lathe real quick, which will bring everything back to happy.

Last edited:
@Taco2Cruiser Hi Rob- Besides the ss transfer case skid and the 1/4” aluminum fuel skid, are the rest of your skid plates (front, engine, transmission) stainless steel or aluminum? Curious of your skid plate setup. Thanks.

@Taco2Cruiser Hi Rob- Besides the ss transfer case skid and the 1/4” aluminum fuel skid, are the rest of your skid plates (front, engine, transmission) stainless steel or aluminum? Curious of your skid plate setup. Thanks.
I run an aluminum front skid, and stainless steel engine, transmission and transfer case skids.

I just don’t hit the front skid due to my wheeling style. If I hit the front skid (or ARB bumper), the 200 will never get over the obstacle. So that has to clear no matter what. So what happens is I can see from the drivers seat what will, and will not clear the front skid. From there I just avoid anything that comes at my front. But I make my engine to transfer case just have to deal with what is coming.

I first choose an aluminum front purely because I wanted to see what aluminum could handle under the 200. If I had to do it again, I’d choose the same materials over. It has just worked for me.

That said, it won’t be the perfect solution for everyone.

Last edited:
This should buff out pretty easily...

IMG_20200229_163611.jpg

This should buff out pretty easily...

I have the same dent in the same spot. I decided to leave the battle scar rather than try to hide it.

My brother in law is a body shop guy and let me use a heat gun that allows you to control the temperature.

IMG_20200301_120919.jpg

I have the same dent in the same spot. I decided to leave the battle scar rather than try to hide it.
If it were a Landcruiser I would have probably left it but since it's a Lexus I kinda felt obligated to clean up the damage a little bit. :)

what tire is that? Cooper? LT or P metric?

what happen to your spare? Not same size?

isn’t that type of sidewall repair really dangerous on a 5900# SUV driving on the highway?
Didn't have a matching spare . . .

Concrete ledge in a wash/stream I shouldn’t have been driving down. Smashed the tailpipe pretty good and scraped the bumper.
3E2A7FF8-F8A7-494D-A412-646E30B65190.jpeg

Concrete ledge in a wash/stream I shouldn’t have been driving down. Smashed the tailpipe pretty good and scraped the bumper. View attachment 2245097
have you already taken off the mud flaps, or did you break them off before you took them off? 😆

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom