Post your wheeling damage pics (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Guessing the one in the surf was either a theft or on its was on it's way back to the dealer. Couldn't make the plates, might be oil $$$ and they don't give a s***.

I did some muffler modifications in Tea Pot Canyon in the Maze district of Canyon Lands last weekend.

The second picture shows where the muffler bracket was hitting my 40 gallon auxiliary tank.

@Markuson This may be interesting to you due to aux tank fitment issues. I'm really happy with this tank BTW. We did some pretty technical 4 wheeling and I never hit the tank. It's fantastic having 60 gallons of fuel. :)

I did some muffler modifications in Tea Pot Canyon in the Maze district of Canyon Lands last weekend.
View attachment 1949035

The second picture shows where the muffler bracket was hitting my 40 gallon auxiliary tank.
View attachment 1949041
@Markuson This may be interesting to you due to aux tank fitment issues. I'm really happy with this tank BTW. We did some pretty technical 4 wheeling and I never hit the tank. It's fantastic having 60 gallons of fuel. :)

Great to hear! Honestly I’m super happy with my 24, and how I can’t even see it. Would have jumped on a 30gallon option as I think my tank could easily stay prett invisible with another 6 gallons volume downward...but meh. I love the thing. :)

Awesome that you aren’t touching your 40 in technical stuff. :cheers:

We usually stay here: Grand Vista Hotel
You can camp with us in Rabbit Valley on Monday night if you like.

@Mendocino answered my PM q here in this thread... :) Oops. So for anyone confused...I asked about places to stay a night in Grand Junction the night before we’ll start Kokopelli trail into Moab later this month.
Mea culpa.

PNW and BC damage report:

I may be the first 200 to tear a bumper like this. Will be replacing with a steel rear bumper eventually. A heat gun and some duck tape will hold me over.

790D5F67-21C4-4CFC-BE36-F604E378F829.jpeg
21D4B626-A1B4-4052-B1D2-45A7F982EC6E.jpeg
632E0ED6-761D-495F-A1F7-6684AD0CB663.jpeg
416438E6-36E7-4873-8F5B-BB8C2C697EC5.jpeg

Hit the taillight pretty good in Tahuya. It cracked and is misaligned. Will replace with a new assembly.

885F0837-8A18-4745-BB6E-3447BFA6879F.jpeg

All in all, just some minor trail scars. The 200 with my new BP51 setup tackled the trails and the 6000 mile cross country trip with ease. My Budbuilt sliders only have scratches despite taking some huge hits with a fully loaded truck. Looking forward to continuing to build the truck and attacking tougher trails!

Cracked taillight

88534FC2-E31F-437E-819A-11462EDCD7A1.jpeg

Bent license plate from water crossings.

6572EE0D-9338-456A-8F97-CCD8B8626122.jpeg

All in all, just some minor trail scars. The 200 with my new BP51 setup tackled the trails and the 6000 mile cross country trip with ease. My Budbuilt sliders only have scratches despite taking some huge hits with a fully loaded truck. Looking forward to continuing to build the truck and attacking tougher trails!

The plastic bumpers hold up pretty well until they impact more expensive stuff. For the crack/tear, I recommend drilling some holes on each side and stitching up with zip ties :)

Edited to add: inspect the mounting plates where the two screws secure the tail light to the vehicle. That could be broken and lead to the entire tail light popping off while driving down the road.

@TonyP posted a bit more on my vehicle build thread. The destruction is on video, so I’m assuming I’ll see that when it’s edited and available. For me, I think that it was a combination of pulling my Turtleback trailer up a steep incline and while I don’t know for sure, the trailer may have actually been hung up on a rock which caused the front to snap when I tried to push forward out of the creek bank passage to the passenger side.

Banged up both RLCAs along with muffler. Was down at Carolina Relic Run, trailed Uwarrie National Forest. Need more armor and the lift

20190429_135614.jpg

20190429_134005.jpg

Wheeling to work on hardened urban roads. Load Range E tires are still no match for nails. Heard it go in too with a distinct *poink*.

@TeCKis300 I've had 2 screws in 2 different tires this year. Both were on the outer tread rib, so the tire shops didn't want to patch because of flex. Luckily both weren't deep enough to actually puncture the inside of the tire, just the tread lugs apparently. Hopefully yours is patchable

I found this yesterday morning passenger side rear. And another much smaller nail, not
Pictured, driver rear side. Visiting customers at Job sites get me a few time each year. Discount tire road hazard paid for this one.

7598F48E-67AA-4DA3-BF00-33FFA487BECA.jpeg

The plastic bumpers hold up pretty well until they impact more expensive stuff. For the crack/tear, I recommend drilling some holes on each side and stitching up with zip ties :)

Edited to add: inspect the mounting plates where the two screws secure the tail light to the vehicle. That could be broken and lead to the entire tail light popping off while driving down the road.

Thanks for the advice Cole, I finally got around to this. Looking like Frankenstein

2EBD6E4B-5E91-4BB0-B6D5-388AC942304C.jpeg

200's aren't old enough yet for someone like me to buy one and take it to its full potential off road

Do the 200s age like wine and acquire additional qualities or abilities?

To me, the beauty of the 200, or any late model LC in its time, is that they are luxurious and capable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom