Post your wheeling damage pics (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Those are Trail Tailor arms. Jason @reevesci can get you set up with a set.

Not bad at all. I paid a shop $50...but then decided to have him tuck it up with two more curves...so it ended up around $90.

If you just want a straight pipe...you can likely find someone to do it for $40-$60.

Not expensive...and not noisy.
Only time I notice any difference at all is when it’s idling in my driveway and I’m standing next to it. Never on the road.

Highly recommended.

I’ll be hacking a bit more of it off if/when my shoulder heals and I can see again.
Do you have a photo of what yours looks like now? I slammed mine pretty hard a couple weeks ago. Somehow no damage, but it did make me realize just how low it hangs

Do you have a photo of what yours looks like now? I slammed mine pretty hard a couple weeks ago. Somehow no damage, but it did make me realize just how low it hangs

I can shoot photos, but I have a 24 gallon sub tank, so my pipe curves a little differently.

Prerunner damage report:

1. ICON Trailing arm
(I was wondering why the rear end was shaking ridcully on the trip back from the desert over washboard, with the trailing arm removed the rear passenger side won't move. The trailing arm must have been rusted and stuck which made it blow open after hitting a hard bump on the way home).

PLAN: Upgrade the whole rear end with the total chaos rear end link kit. This is a really good idea since it will replace all the rear end link bushings with polyurethane bushings plus chromoly lighter and stronger. In addition to replacing all the worn stock bushings in the rear with the upgraded polyurethane total chaos bushings the kit will upgrade the rear end lower and upper links which will allow for an additional 1.5"-2.0" of down travel.

*The rear end bushings have never been changed since this 200 series was new so I imagine they are in definite need to be replaced.
* The ICON trailing arm has about 13k miles of off road abuse.

2. Engine mounts severely damaged. The engine was leaning towards the driver side, check engine light was triggered.

3. Body mounts loose.

4. Steering and all door frames needs to be inspected since the steering issue is still there even tho the engine mount replacement did help a little bit. The body still twists after letting go of the throttle.

5. I also replaced all oxygen sensors, including the MAS (Mass airflow sensor) on the air cleaner.

6. EFI Fuse has been replaced as well since it was triggering the reduced engine power, must have been burned out.

Pictures:

Video:

Prerunner damage report:

1. ICON Trailing arm
(I was wondering why the rear end was shaking ridcully on the trip back from the desert over washboard, with the trailing arm removed the rear passenger side won't move. The trailing arm must have been rusted and stuck which made it blow open after hitting a hard bump on the way home).

PLAN: Upgrade the whole rear end with the total chaos rear end link kit. This is a really good idea since it will replace all the rear end link bushings with polyurethane bushings plus chromoly lighter and stronger. In addition to replacing all the worn stock bushings in the rear with the upgraded polyurethane total chaos bushings the kit will upgrade the rear end lower and upper links which will allow for an additional 1.5"-2.0" of down travel.

*The rear end bushings have never been changed since this 200 series was new so I imagine they are in definite need to be replaced.
* The ICON trailing arm has about 13k miles of off road abuse.

2. Engine mounts severely damaged. The engine was leaning towards the driver side, check engine light was triggered.

3. Body mounts loose.

4. Steering and all door frames needs to be inspected since the steering issue is still there even tho the engine mount replacement did help a little bit. The body still twists after letting go of the throttle.

5. I also replaced all oxygen sensors, including the MAS (Mass airflow sensor) on the air cleaner.

6. EFI Fuse has been replaced as well since it was triggering the reduced engine power, must have been burned out.

Pictures:

View attachment 1928540

View attachment 1928541

View attachment 1928543

View attachment 1928544

Video:

Your #4 "body twist after letting off throttle" could be fixed by @Delta VS if they'd get on the ball and make a rear pan hard bracket offering for the 200s.....hint hint
I ruined an icon rear trailing arm too icon will replace that as it has a lifetime warranty They replaced mine

image.png

image.png

image.png

Your #4 "body twist after letting off throttle" could be fixed by @Delta VS if they'd get on the ball and make a rear pan hard bracket offering for the 200s.....hint hint
I ruined an icon rear trailing arm too icon will replace that as it has a lifetime warranty They replaced mine

View attachment 1929867

View attachment 1929869

View attachment 1929875
Thinking about adding 3 inches of lift with a new icon suspension (on their way!). Will I need a new set of trailing arms? And if so, looks like the icon trailing arms aren't cheap and also aren't the most durable? They looked pretty solid from their photos, but maybe not...

You dont need trailing arms just for the lift.
Only if you are concerned about bending while wheeling.
Check with trail tailor, or others making steel arms. They seem to be more durable than the icon.

Nothing like sticky, salty sand blasted into every corner of your engine bay. Very lucky he seems to back out successfully toward the end..

Look for that LX to be for sale soon...CHEAP! :bang::doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom