Post your wheeling damage pics (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Time to ditch the side steps. As you can see in the pictures, they are low hanging plastic POSs.

As you probably know, that hit on the rear bumper will pop right back out with a heat gun and pushing. You may want to remove the low hanging mudflaps, which can actually transmit force into the bumper, while you are at it.

Yes I have not had the time to put the heat gun on the bumper yet. I'll update the thread with a picture of the bumper after I have a chance to spend some time on it. Hopefully it pops back out.

I promised my wife I'd keep the side steps unlike on my 100 when I installed sliders from day one. They will just have to take all the abuse I throw at them. That rear drivers side mudflap I almost ripped clean off (was being held by one clip at the end of the day) but I re-fastened it and its as good as new. For the few times a year I go wheeling I'll just leave it.

Last edited:
Doh. Today while exploring north Ga. got into a tree while turning around in a tight spot.

Who’s the go-to for parts on ‘mud these days?

B399E44E-7A32-4596-A291-BE46A542DFCA.jpeg

Try oempartsource.com, they are my goto for OEM parts .. For mods, etc..There are a ton of vendors depending on what you are looking for.

that's sad - future buggy?

i'd like to shoehorn that power plant into my 80

if I were a bettin' man, I'd say a tree fell on it.

EDCF1B5B-A650-4B2C-BF34-A5F0685F842B.jpeg
2014 200 All stock except 285/75 KO2’sSorry not wheeling damage just wife vs.gas station pole! It’ll buff out right? No it’s going to body shop tomorrow.Looks like a hard area to repair.Well see how they do I’ll post up after it’s fixed.Thats one way to try and take out running board!

0C285AE9-2F54-400D-A154-CE073566BDD9.jpeg
N
View attachment 1861564 2014 200 All stock except 285/75 KO2’sSorry not wheeling damage just wife vs.gas station pole! It’ll buff out right? No it’s going to body shop tomorrow.Looks like a hard area to repair.Well see how they do I’ll post up after it’s fixed.Thats one way to try and take out running board!
Here’s another pic,All my other Toyota’s have always had the gas on drive side.Can’t say I like it on the Passenger side!

View attachment 1861564 2014 200 All stock except 285/75 KO2’sSorry not wheeling damage just wife vs.gas station pole! It’ll buff out right? No it’s going to body shop tomorrow.Looks like a hard area to repair.Well see how they do I’ll post up after it’s fixed.Thats one way to try and take out running board!

Don’t fix it just wheel it as is! You won’t care nearly as much if you get scratches now! Also I’ll bet that will be really expensive to repair.

BFG doesn't make the KO2 in LT285/75R18. Are you sure about that tire size?

HTH

BFG doesn't make the KO2 in LT285/75R18. Are you sure about that tire size?

HTH
Good catch! Tires are 285/65-18 ! And it’s my wife’s mall cruiser so no off road bummer! But I have my Taco and my old 69 FJ40 to wheel

Looks like some BudBuilt .188 ultimate sliders might be in order — you know, to get gas.
Ha yea that’s part of why I posted up here! Some sliders kick out in the rear maybe would have saved body damage! No I’ve been trying to take off running boards but they are useful for my elderly mom!

Don’t fix it just wheel it as is! You won’t care nearly as much if you get scratches now! Also I’ll bet that will be really expensive to repair.
Ha yea I wish! Just put some sliders on and go to cruise Moab! And yes very expensive,$500 deductible and estimated $3200! So that looks like we could put a lift on and get some more armor!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom