Post your wheeling damage pics (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ohhhhh now I get it.

JBH, thats some good trail damage, its still all quite minimal though. I want to see pinstriping and dents from trees grabbing out at you!

There's a fair amount of light pinstriipping, but nothing that a camera will really capture well. Only one stripe running from the front to the back am I concerned about. The rest will buff out with some elbow grease...just gotta find the time to do it.

Anyone know of a good wax or something that can at least help prevent pin stripping? Someone mentioned covering your car in baby oil when you go mudding as it wont stick, but that's not going to help with the brush.

I really respect you 200 series guys off roading your rigs, and im just curious macneill, what do you find bad about a 200 series?

lets see some more carnage pics!

get those magnetic sheets cut specifically for your rig. You put them on before wheeling and take off before traveling home. I'll try and find the vendor

There's a fair amount of light pinstriipping, but nothing that a camera will really capture well. Only one stripe running from the front to the back am I concerned about. The rest will buff out with some elbow grease...just gotta find the time to do it.

Anyone know of a good wax or something that can at least help prevent pin stripping? Someone mentioned covering your car in baby oil when you go mudding as it wont stick, but that's not going to help with the brush.

MagnaShields

Thanks, I've looked into this already.

TrailSkinZ by Off-Road Magnetics Inc. Customized, Magnetic, Removeable Paint Protection
has them as well, and are custom for your particular vehicle.

They are just mighty $$$ and take too much time to install....but I guess you get what you pay for.

Out here though where it's dusty as hell, I can foresee the dust/dirt getting behind the magnet between the paint and causing the magnets to scratch the paint in a big circle wherever they are -- much worse than just dealing with the desert pin stripping.

Yeah I got an email from Magnashields this morning. No go on the LC.

Just like JB, If I lived in more of an area then desert, I would look into these, but al I really need to worry about is rock and sand damage.

Yeah I got an email from Magnashields this morning. No go on the LC.

Just like JB, If I lived in more of an area then desert, I would look into these, but al I really need to worry about is rock and sand damage.

Well, my problem is that I never know the condition of a trail. I could be doing just fine and then get into some thick brush. By the time I go through all of it, the paint isn't looking so good.

I'm going to just bring some good hedge trimmers and a large-mouth bolt cutters with me for those big branches from now on!

Looks like s***! You're doing a good job! :D

Thank you! Some day we will meet up. If you ever see me driving somewhere, honk! I'm always on the lookout for other cruisers!

Aight!!! We got a forum going! :cheers:

My wife was mortified of those marks when our 100 was new.

Congrats on getting busy. :beer:

Alright...here they are:

Left rear bumper scrapes
IMG_6198.jpg

Right rear bumper scrapes
IMG_6203.jpg

Bent right side step
IMG_6209.jpg

Broken plastic on front right side step
IMG_6210.jpg

Broken and bent front bumper at point of screw on right side
IMG_6212.jpg

Broken and bent front bumper at point of screw on left side
IMG_6213.jpg

Bent upward front of rocker panel on left side
IMG_6214.jpg

Bent side step on left side
IMG_6218.jpg

Scratched underside of front bumper
IMG_6221.jpg

Scratched underside of front bumper
IMG_6223.jpg

Scraped front right tow hook
IMG_6224.jpg

Scraped and bent slightly front skid plate
IMG_6225.jpg

More scraped front bumper
IMG_6230.jpg

Bent side step on right side
IMG_6232.jpg

Here are pics of my slight damage. Doesn't seem much different.

SANY0148.jpg

SANY0149.jpg

SANY0150.jpg

SANY0144.jpg

SANY0146.jpg

SANY0145.jpg

SANY0147.jpg

SANY0151.jpg

I'll play. This was last summer, but I'll add to it once the trails open up.

My sweet pinstripping that didn't come off after 3 polishings:
IMG_1587.jpg

My old running board that was quickly replaced:
IMG_1586.jpg

And that rocker damage is still there. Haven't been able to take the time to smash it back out.

One other thing...to all those 200 haters out there (and you know who you are) we do wheel our trucks. That is what Toyota built them for, and that is why I bought one. If I wanted a mall cruiser that looked like a wheelin pig, I would have bought a Sequoia (or rather, never sold my old one). So as a parting thought :flipoff2:!

I think you guys have already done well in helping change the perception that 200 owners don't wheel...

Bravo & keep it up!

Please keep the pix coming!

When the time comes, I'll be a 200 guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom