Post your thoughts and pics of the swap meet. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

H2o

Threads
Hi all,

Just wanted to tank Felix, Andrew, Jim, Jose and everyone else who helped with the swap meet. Big thanks to Felix who did the majority of the planning, and also Natalie who did a great job managing the welcome booth. Special thanks to Jim C. who did a great impromptu tech day on trouble shooting engines. Thanks to Lance and Cam as well for allowing us to use the lot behind IPOR and facilities, and BBRC for co-hosting event and providing the food.

We had so many great activities that i don't think anyone had time to get bored.

We ended up breaking even on the raffle so did not have much left for the Land use issue we were advertising. I (with permission of other members) would like to push this again next year and maybe make it a continuous theme of these events. This is an important issue to me and hopefully others.

I would like to begin planning the next swap meet shortly. Please post up your thoughts on Saturday's swap meet, past swap meets, what you would like to see a future ones, etc... The more feedback you give us, the better these events will get.

Also, if you have some good pictures, please post them for all to see.

thank you,

Sebastien.

Thanks, Sebastien, although I will add one correction.

Felix did SOME of the planning on THE CLCC side of things. :D

Thanks also to Rob and his guys at BBRC for organizing the food and securing the location.

Exactly. tune in and find out at the next swap meet.

I would have appreciated a welcome by a scantily clad lady (or two), kinda like SEMA. I think that would be a big draw.

The brewery tour was a nice touch, although im not sure that i expected to have an hour long (at least) tour take me on a path about 30 yards long....

I had a great time at the swap meet. It was nice to see all of the various FJ's, LandCruisers and 4-runners there. Nicely put together and it was nice to meet everyone there.

Hope to see some of you again at the next meeting.

I can't make it to GSMTR, but I'm planning for the Coal Miner Classic in July.

Hey guys, I'm uploading pics to photobucket. I didn't take nearly as many as I thought.

felix,
Did you upload any of yours? How about that one of me "trying" to get up the RTI ramp? Man. i need a SOA!

Don’t get caught up what used to work. I love my grand parents whom are dead and taught me well. Bring something that motivates us to be free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom