Post your self recovery pics and story here (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

musthave

Doc says I'm 1 in 120K. Lucky?
Supporting Vendor
Threads
I have come across some great recovery pictures and stories over the years. I saw this one yesterday. How ingenious. Then I thought we could all benefit from having a place to share these.

0DBB5EA0-6DED-4987-B293-08FA6F69304A.jpeg

Yeah, just a tiny scratch that doesn't even need to be buffed out. :flipoff2:

:lol:

Door was toast and glass was destroyed.

Drove from Big Pine to DFW immediately. My good friend @joekatana had a spare soft top door that we painted and installed.

The rear quarter has deep scratches in it and the front fender was damaged as well.

Unfortunately the “roll bar” was also damaged so everything is weirdly askew.

Door was toast and glass was destroyed.

Drove from Big Pine to DFW immediately. My good friend @joekatana had a spare soft top door that we painted and installed.

The rear quarter has deep scratches in it and the front fender was damaged as well.

Unfortunately the “roll bar” was also damaged so everything is weirdly askew.
Good thing you’re weirdly askew!

Nah. I’ve got it reinforced with titanium alloy along with a venting system just in case of events like this.

:flipoff2:
good idea, i should pull my doors back down and do the same then.

Don’t forget the interior coating that provides for optimal thermal protection against localized ingress.
Now you are making me nervous, might need the scrap the thing and start over with a new build.

Now you are making me nervous, might need the scrap the thing and start over with a new build.

I‘ve seen that before. Especially when fuel bladders with poor venting systems were involved in “uncontrolled migration of parts” incidents.

It’s an investment, but the results usually yield better long term value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom