Post up pics of tachs in your 40s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Brian/99uzj100

That looks nice.

I've had my eye on that tach for awhile now. All the online pics I've found of it are of the face only.

Is your tach in a mounting pod?

Any pics of the attachment to the steering column?

Also check out the ISSPRO tachos. Nice retro look and they have them with mounting buckets.

@Brian/99uzj100

That looks nice.

I've had my eye on that tach for awhile now. All the online pics I've found of it are of the face only.

Is your tach in a mounting pod?

Any pics of the attachment to the steering column?
Here's a side pic. I think I flipped the metal mounting bracket upside down and have a rubber ring underneath the zip tie so it doesn't slip. Now that I think about it, that mounting bracket might be from the previous 2", 6K Autometer tach. I had.
I wanted a non permanent mount.
56F01A61-E0BD-4FFF-9D2F-52694B314FD0.jpeg
58DCB28D-72B4-4CB8-8E0E-4849F5AE9478.jpeg

@Brian/99uzj100 appreciate the pictures. I think my 3 3/8" gauge will cover up to much of the cluster. Will have to find another location. Was thinking left hand side of dash, build a bracket so the gauge floats off the upper pad 1/4". Anchor the bracket off the twist windshield bolt to go in-between windshield frame and the pad. Kind of like an L bracket if that makes sense.

@MOTOV8R I’m in the process of doing the same thing for my 12HT swap. What paint can dis you find to match the instrument cluster.

@MOTOV8R I’m in the process of doing the same thing for my 12HT swap. What paint can dis you find to match the instrument cluster.

I used JT Outfitters pewter. To be honest it didnt match the instrument cluster that well so i sprayed that too. I used the same stuff on the ash tray which seemed to match the glovebox pretty well. the cluster was just a little more silvery from the factory on my 40.

I found this older Sun tach in a box of free parts back in the late 80s. I was driving a Beetle back then so I just added it to my parts stash and forgot about it. Around 98 I rediscovered it and hooked it up to my 76. Works great, lights up and isn't in the way. Just a hose clamp holding it on the column. I don't mind the extra rpms on the tach, it's kind of like the speedometer in that way. 80 to 100 mph are just useless numbers to me.

fotor_1649353107623.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom