Post up picks of HI-Lift by pass. door (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Lemoore, CA (south of Fresno) / Cortes Island, B.C
I am looking for a place to secrue my Hi-Lift and I am thinking about putting it just in front of the passenger side door. But I have not seen complete set ups on how it is secured. If anyone has a hi-lift mounted there, could I see how it is mounted and secured? Thanks.

Does anyone make those mounts anymore? havn't seen em for a few years now

tru hawk, i prefer out of the way like a rack. was never a fan of the door mounted ones.

I've got a Con-fer mount that you could put where ever. I like the way they look in front of the door, but I don't know how well it would work on the trail.

My 40 has mounts above the rear bumper in the sill plate, but I replaced the steel there with channel iron.

I'm looking for a good place in the 55.

someone out here has them ive seen a pics in a recent thread maybe he'l come through

I strap mine between my b-pillar on my cage spanning behind the seats fender to fender, inside so it isn't as exposed to the elements so it actually works when I need it, and so I don't crush it. Mine is already in pretty bad shape from driving over it when driving off the jack :)

Pics of my Hi Lift mount

Here's a couple of pics of my mount. I was bored one day and used some 1/8" thick x 1" wide metal that I had laying around. I drilled the metal to mount it to the lower forward facing windshield bolts first and then set the Hi Lift on the running board to figure where to make the cut. I then used a piece of the same metal vertically, which fit perfectly in the recessed I-beam of the Hi Lift, and welded the two pieces together. I marked two holes on the vertical pieces and welded the biggest bolts that would fit throught the Hi Lift holes (can't remember the size). I bought matching wingnuts and drilled a hole through one bolt for a hitch pin. Total cost was maybe $10. I'm not sure whther I will keep it mounted there in the long run however. I normally drop my windshield when wheeling, and the Hi Lift gets whacked a lot which is rugging the paint away from the running board and lower fender. When I put my doors on this fall, I had to tweak the mount so that the lower door wouldn't hit. Before the summer it fit perfectly :grinpimp:

GSMTR006.jpg

In the 2nd picture you can see how much the Hi Lift sticks out compared to my roll bar. Despite this the mount hasn't tweaked more than an inch or so, but the fit with hard doors is very tight.

GSMTR052.jpg

Last edited:
Looks pretty good, a little crooked though. ;)

Even if they're stored outside they'll work when you need em if you take care and lube em up often. Ya, mine's got a nice bend in it from when I had to use it by running it through the rear shackle and the 6 or so feet of chain I had and this little bush, as I finally made it out of the ditch I backed up and kind of polevaulted the rear. Did a number on the shackle. :D You probably won't notice the bend when you look at it.

Oh, and theres that bumper mount too. ;)
Pic 031.jpg

so picky hawk, looks good, i wouldnt think it would be to difficult to make

like this?

kaymar, but i don't think they make them anymore. too bad, simple and cad plated (although not very good build quality).

i "think" you could get them for either side, but i really have no idea.

i was thinking of making one for my fj40, it works so well on my wife's bj42. out of the way, but right there when you need it.

one less thing inside the truck.

hth's

crusty
odunes9.jpg

Hi Lift jack

I fabed a plate and mounted it under the hitch ball, if you have a hitch. I drilled
two holes for the jack and one for a pad lock. I di9nt have a diital camera.
jimr

Thanks everyone for the help. I am moving my spare inside and bolted to the driver's side roll bar since I do not want to tweak the factory tire carrier with a 35. Since I need to mount a gerry can someplace, I was going to use the flat surface of the carrier to do this and I couldn't decide if I wanted to mount the jack there also. I know the gas will be heavy, but it will sit tight against the carrier were as the tire has to be moved out a bit to fit when I open it so it doesn't rub against the side of the hard top.

Thanks for the link to the guy that makes the mount. My welder died so I can't fab up anything right now so that is probably the best option. I know I could rig something as they are easy to mount anywhere, but I am trying to get it as clean as possible except for normal trail damage.

Crusty, I like it on the driver's side, but I am cutting off the step so I can move up my rockers to the actual body mounts so I can get through "Gate Keeper" on the Rubicon so I might have to figure something out following your design.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom