Post Up Photos of your Fire Extinguisher Mount - 100 Series Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone have updates?

I keep two of those Tundra models in the hundy, just loose for now.

Thinking about putting the rear one inside two quick fists on the drivers side third row, since the handle points inward and not down.

Maybe...

Here's where I mounted it in the 40. Oh wait, wrong forum. I'll just call my son to bring me the extinguisher in the 40 if the 80 or 100 catches on fire.

IMG_2275.JPG

Here is one of 3 fire extinguishers in the rig. The other two live in a Duluth trading company co-pilot seat thingy when wheeling, the other is in the kitchen box when camping.

I mounted mine to the frame of the swing out tire carrier as I don't have to open ANYTHING to get to it. Speed is everything if you ask me.
IMG_0166.JPG

You have a pic of the Duluth Trading product?

EDIT: Think I found it online,

Last edited:
Man those Corbeau seats look great!
Driving in the winter with the original seats and oem heater wasn't going to cut it. They are well worth the money. Don't forget to add seam sealer - these are 100% waterproof now. I added an aftermarket rear heater because I couldn't keep oem rear heater from leaking at the inlet/outlet. Now it is ALMOST as warm as the LX470, except snow and wind still blow in during heavy cross-winds. But that is part of the fun and nostalgia. My son said he couldn't ask for a better car to fit his personality. It's chill and laid back just like him.

Nothing fancy, but it works for me, for now. Extinguisher is handy and secure without squeaks or rattles.

2A2E456F-9700-4177-A0AE-1F56AB4850FD.jpeg

Last edited:
Most likely, the fire won't be your own vehicle. Another vehicle, structure, campfire, etc is more likely.

The small extinguishers we are mounting in our trucks are good to have, but are only good for a short blast to put out a small fire.
Yup! I had a Coleman stove with a bad seal start leaking. Flames we coming out of the can a foot tall. Fire extinguisher did the trick!

AFAIK, many race cars and high dollar classic cars have fire extinguishers built in. By which I mean, the extinguisher is in the engine bay already, and all you need to do is press a button in the cabin to fill your engine bay with foam. With so many of you folks being brilliant with mods and adding switches, I’m surprised someone hasn’t gone this route on here. Especially with all the conversation about the extinguishers y’all are using being too small, too slow to access in the event of a serious fire. This would also be the cleanest setup, sacrificing NO interior space. And I’m thinking one of these lightning jetfighter style switches, with a little flip up so you don’t accidentally press it at the wrong time. I’m not handy enough for this, but what do you guys think? You do it so I can copy your work. :D

2B4D26E4-9538-4304-9670-E059DAE071E0.jpeg

AFAIK, many race cars and high dollar classic cars have fire extinguishers built in. By which I mean, the extinguisher is in the engine bay already, and all you need to do is press a button in the cabin to fill your engine bay with foam. With so many of you folks being brilliant with mods and adding switches, I’m surprised someone hasn’t gone this route on here. Especially with all the conversation about the extinguishers y’all are using being too small, too slow to access in the event of a serious fire. This would also be the cleanest setup, sacrificing NO interior space. And I’m thinking one of these lightning jetfighter style switches, with a little flip up so you don’t accidentally press it at the wrong time. I’m not handy enough for this, but what do you guys think? You do it so I can copy your work. :D

View attachment 1705489

That would be sick. I know SCCA and NASA racers use systems like these:

Lifeline Racing Fire Extinguisher System Zero 2000 4.0 Liter 10lb Pull Cable System

94768211.ipXvcY6Z.jpg

Just gotta figure out where you want to route the piping and mount the tank! Then make sure it's regularly inspected and the tank serviced every two years or so..

That would be sick. I know SCCA and NASA racers use systems like these:

Lifeline Racing Fire Extinguisher System Zero 2000 4.0 Liter 10lb Pull Cable System

94768211.ipXvcY6Z.jpg

Just gotta figure out where you want to route the piping and mount the tank! Then make sure it's regularly inspected and the tank serviced every two years or so..

Yup! Had those and an electric kill switches as well on my racers. Extinguisher could be activated from the cockpit with a gated switch or via a 2nd pull handle on the bonnet. The electric kill switch was mounted adjacent to the exterior extinguisher pull. Those made it easy for crews to access if I was incapacitated in the vehicle. Would love to have a setup like this in my LX. Just need to figure where the extinguisher could be mounted.

View attachment 1365300

IMHO - the support from the plastic frame is not good enough. In a head-on collision I am afraid the extinguisher will act like a projectile, and can be potential very dangerous to anybody inside the vehicle. I really think you should mount low near floor. Here is where i did mount mine (both sides)

How did you mount the extinguisher in this location? I think that's a great spot!

Never did find a great, stable (not into plastic) and FAST way to get to my fire extinguisher so I made one... here's my mount:
Reef-hero wide.jpg

Some gcc specs came equipped with a holder like this
The trim had holes in it and 3 bolts would go through it to bolt on the metal behind the trim to hold a metal bracket not sure what the part numbers for these part are and mine doesn't have this setup it just has a loose extinguisher in the back thats waiting for its moment to shine when it whacks someone on the head

طفاية-سيارة.jpg

Some gcc specs came equipped with a holder like this
The trim had holes in it and 3 bolts would go through it to bolt on the metal behind the trim to hold a metal bracket not sure what the part numbers for these part are and mine doesn't have this setup it just has a loose extinguisher in the back thats waiting for its moment to shine when it whacks someone on the head
tfai-siar-jpg.2412759

Support bracket behind kick panel is 74713-60050
Bolts, 1 of 90119-06881 , 2 of 91651-B0614
Protector 64777-90A00 (no idea what it does)
Extinguisher with holder is 74710-60140
Bols for holder is 3 more of 91651-B0614
This is for a 2004 GCC LHD UZJ. I suppose there might be a difference for with or without a fusebox behind the RH kick panel.

I remember when I ordered cruisers directly from TMC, back in 1995-2000, the extinguisher was one of the options to tick off on the spec sheet

Something a little different.

IMG_0636.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom