Post Torsion bar upgrade ride height (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, I did my front torsion bars yesterday and while doing them my fan blew the paper that I had my before measurements on into the next dimension.

I don't even have a vague idea of what my before measurements were before, so I'm kind of winging it.

Does anyone know what their ride height was before with factory 16s? If not will anyone with a stock LC check for me? I know it obviously will vary from vehicle to vehicle, but it will give me a rough starting point.

Last edited:
Well, I did my front torsion bars yesterday and while doing them my fan blew the paper that I had my before measurements on into the next dimension.

I don't even have a vague idea of what my before measurements were before, so I'm kind of winging it.

Does anyone know what their ride height was before with factory 16s? If not will anyone with a stock LC check for me? I know it obviously will vary from vehicle to vehicle, but it will give me a rough starting point.
Set the height of the front, as measured from fender lip to hub center, at 1.5 inches less in the front than the rear, and you'll be all set with proper rake.

I believe stock ride height is 19.5 for the front.
As far as rake I think it is supposed to be .75 to 1.00.
1.5 seems like too much IMO......unless you are planning on adding huge loads.

I believe stock ride height is 19.5 for the front.
As far as rake I think it is supposed to be .75 to 1.00.
1.5 seems like too much IMO......unless you are planning on adding huge loads.
Read my reply again. The 1.5 inch IS NOT THE RAKE. The wheel arches are not at the same height. 1.5 inch DIFFERENCE in hub to arch measurement will yield 3/4 to 1 inch rake on stock height and 1.5 inch lifts.

The 1.5 inch IS NOT THE RAKE. The wheel arches are not at the same height. 1.5 inch DIFFERENCE in hub to arch measurement will yield 3/4 to 1 inch rake on stock height and 1.5 inch lifts
Wow, I guess I've been measuring incorrectly all these years!

Yes 19.5-19.75 inches center of hub to wheel arch should be stock....then of course you can crank the new bars more to get some lift. Your limit is the droop. You have to be able to have 2 inchs of droop left. After cranking Tbars, measure center hub to fender arch, then lift vehicle until tire just barely leaves the ground and measure again. Should be no less than 2in or 50mm difference between the two measurements

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom