Post Stage 2 Ironman 2" lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Gang,

So I went for it last week. I deleted my AHC and installed an stage 2 Ironman 2” lift . The shop I had do the install did a pretty horrible job to say the least. All I will say is they did not empty the hydraulic fluid prior to beginning the installation and I will leave it at that (SMH). They removed all 4 shocks, torsion bars, and rear springs. They replaced all items and installed my center diff drop and Total Chaos UCA. What they did not do disconnect the AHC or adjust the torsion bars to level out the height in front. I was fine with that and figured I would take care of that myself. Knocked both those things out with no issue.

Now aside from the ride quality changing I noticed more engine noise. Almost sounds as if the engine fan is working double as hard as it used to and also feels like the truck struggles to get out of 1st and 2nd gear but once in third it feels normal. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this would happen? I checked the transmission fluid and it is clean and at level. Hopefully my tranny isn't going out.

Lastly they did not reinstall my ASFIR skid plate set because the diff drop bracket misaligned the stock set up and they did not want to drill new holes into my plates. If you've done this modification please share your experience. I'm looking to take care of this mod on the weekend. Like always TIA!!

I have the full ASFIR skid plates and recently installed an Ironman stage 2. The rear skid will install fine. Mid may take some wiggling, but should install (I got mine installed without mods). You will need spacers for the front front bolts of the front skid plate. My Ironman diff kit came with them. You many also need some longer bolts for the mid and front skid. I think I did because I also had sliders that required spacers on the mid skid.

Can't speak to the engine issue. I didn't have any.

You will need an alignment from a shop that knows how to do them on lifted Land Cruisers. They will have to set the caster to +3-4 deg. This is higher than the non-lifted spec allowable range.

I have ASFIT skids, IronMan FCP lift and a Trail Tailor diff drop and everything worked fine. You need these spacers. Maybe Trail-Tailor will sell just the hardware kit??
DiffDrop.JPG

It'll fit with the diff drop. I posted these pics a little while back to show someone else how it looks on mine with ASFIR skids and TT diff drop.

Don't mind the leaks, she's got a date with the doctor for a ton of maintenance.

20220303_132033.jpg

20220303_132026.jpg

I have the full ASFIR skid plates and recently installed an Ironman stage 2. The rear skid will install fine. Mid may take some wiggling, but should install (I got mine installed without mods). You will need spacers for the front front bolts of the front skid plate. My Ironman diff kit came with them. You many also need some longer bolts for the mid and front skid. I think I did because I also had sliders that required spacers on the mid skid.

Can't speak to the engine issue. I didn't have any.

You will need an alignment from a shop that knows how to do them on lifted Land Cruisers. They will have to set the caster to +3-4 deg. This is higher than the non-lifted spec allowable range.
I think I will take it to a specialized alignment shop and make sure it's aligned properly . Appreciate the advice.

I have ASFIT skids, IronMan FCP lift and a Trail Tailor diff drop and everything worked fine. You need these spacers. Maybe Trail-Tailor will sell just the hardware kit??View attachment 2974212
Yes I have all the spacers in a bag the shop gave me back. I asked them what these parts were for and they simply said they were not needed. Unbelievable. My diff drop is from ironman.

It'll fit with the diff drop. I posted these pics a little while back to show someone else how it looks on mine with ASFIR skids and TT diff drop.

Don't mind the leaks, she's got a date with the doctor for a ton of maintenance.

View attachment 2974345

View attachment 2974346
Thank you so much for these pics. This gives me confidence I can get them back on this weekend! All you guy are awesome!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom