Post pictures of your rig with 37s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I going to do 37s soon. So, I want to see your rig with 37s, and I want to know what type of suspension you have. Do your tires rub? what back spacing do you have on your rims? Or do you have wheel spacers?

Thanks

Just mounted 37" Trxus MT's today. Stock rims, haven't stuffed them yet. Will check overall fitment before deciding on spacers, which would be 1" max for me.

This is a narrow tire at the tread, narrower than the 33x12.5.

Pics aren't great, it's starting to get dark, but that's what 37's look like on a 3.5" lift with no flares. They are perfectly proportional. My rear LCA's are also lengthened 3/8" to correct pinion angle. This pic is not perfectly from the side, so it's hard to see how they sit in the wheel wells. I'll get some better ones up probably Monday when it stops snowing.
DSC_0032.jpg
DSC_0033.jpg

Last edited:
myrig.jpg

mestuck.jpg

16x10 Centerline rims. Will rub the frame in the back but not bad.

Heres mine. Flareless and then flared; man do they make a difference in keeping the truck clean! Iroks on a hybrid Slee 4'' and OME J spring lift, L shocks and tundra wheels (5''bs x 7.5'' wide)
All other suspension pieces are stock. No aftermarket arms forward or back, no relocated shock mounts, just the way she came. It will rub the shoulder lugs on the front control arm at full lock and will rub the frame rail at full stuff in back. Wheel spacers would solve these issues but i havent got around to them yet. Adj. panhards would be nice too and the lack of them contributes to more rub in rear on driver side.

Wheeled this way w/ the flares and they were not impacted. w/ the wheel spacers the flares would have deleted themselves likely.
April09 014.jpg
1NorthSouth08.jpg

Last edited:
I love those Tundra rims on an 80 - they are ~5" BS though, not 3.5".

:doh: Yup they sure are. thanks.....edited post.

If i could commit to flareless i would run minimal width spacer just enough to get me off the control arm up front and frame in rear. thinking 1/2-3/4''. But I do like the flares on the eighty, i just dont want to constantly be reattaching them. I think ill end up trimming and lining the flares, installing, then adding a 1.25'' spacer similar to tools' setup.

but then sometimes i think small bodylift instead:hmm:.............

Or you could step down to 36s, trim the flares, keep the mud flaps, run stock wheels and 1" spacers. Stuff the rears to the factory stops and the front with a 1" lowered stop. :grinpimp:

I just happen to know someone who wants to unload a near brand new set of 36s for 38s. ;) :D

Edit: Oops, I did forget my LandTank castor plates help to keep the front tires off the firewall.....

Or you could step down to 36s, trim the flares, keep the mud flaps, run stock wheels and 1" spacers. Stuff the rears to the factory stops and the front with a 1" lowered stop. :grinpimp:

I just happen to know someone who wants to unload a near brand new set of 36s for 38s. ;) :D

Edit: Oops, I did forget my LandTank castor plates help to keep the front tires off the firewall.....

36's are an ideal size for the moderately built 80 since 35's fit so easily - I have long wished Interco would do the Trxus in a 36x12.5 because I am not running TSL's in a climate that sees snow 8 months out of the year.

Having said that...if the 37's fit clean, then that remains the no brainer.

No one seems to like the 36x12.50 TSL radials. You could have them siped and they would work in winter conditions right? From what I've read it is a sidewall issue with the tsl radial but doesn't the Trxus and SSR have the same sidewall ply rating of 2? The 36x12.50 TSL radial has a tread width of 9 inches! That is the same as the 35x10.50 SSR! I like how skinny that is for fitting on lower lift and stock backspacing. I'm not sure if they are as soft as the trxus but from what I remember when I had some 31x9.50's on my mini in college was that they were pretty soft. Just a thought.

36's are an ideal size for the moderately built 80 since 35's fit so easily - I have long wished Interco would do the Trxus in a 36x12.5 because I am not running TSL's in a climate that sees snow 8 months out of the year.

Having said that...if the 37's fit clean, then that remains the no brainer.

If and when I ever regear I would go to 36s.

Nay,

Tell your little Air Jordans to quit hangin' on the rim after they throw down. The hoop is suffering :)

It got blown off the driveway in that storm a week ago, that's why it's looking so bent. The two that play on that hoop aren't throwing down hard enough to even get the ball through the net :grinpimp:

Nay, how's your back after throwing that tire up on the roof, lol. Geez, I pray you never have to change a tire. I had a 33" up there at some point and that was more than enough.

Nay, how's your back after throwing that tire up on the roof, lol. Geez, I pray you never have to change a tire. I had a 33" up there at some point and that was more than enough.

When at home, :princess: adds some magic fingers and up she goes (boy that sounds bad :grinpimp:). Not fun :eek:

36s don't only come in the TSL. The Iroks are a 36x13.50. ;)

Yep, and x13.5 is every bit as bad as narrow 37". No way I am running TSL's or Iroks on a rig that sees regular family duty.

There's an easy metal lip to trim on the rear wheel wells, and a half inch of trimming towards the rear means nothing except you get the bigger tire to fit given my lower quarters are already trimming and reinforced.

That's a major reason why I extended my LCA length 3/8" to correct pinion angle so that any trimming will be to where there is material to trim that serves no purpose other than to support long-gone flares and other plastic trail damage accessories.

So we'll see if you can really run 37's on a 3.5" lift with only minor cosmetic mods if any. When I joined MUD almost 4 years ago conventional wisdom was you needed 5" of lift to run 35's effectively, so getting 37's on 3.5" without hacking her up would be about right :grinpimp:

so what are the 36" options out there? granted, i am not AT ALL in the market, just postuuuulating

Interco tire options in 16'' you have:
36x12.50- TSL radial, TSL SX bias
36x13.00- TSL bias ply
36x13.50- Irok radial and Irok bias
36x14.50- TSL radial, Ground Hawg radial

As has been stated previously, I think Interco is the only company offering a 36'' tire for a 16'' rim at this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom