Post pics of your OEM/Reproduction top fj4x's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pbgbottle said:
my thoughts as well what has he been up too ?

small highjack

can Ehsan get a top and bows from Pakistan to a military base in Afghanistan?

Email him and ask. ehsankiani@gmail.com. I would thoroughly inspect the top when you get it.

My secrets out... Your 40 was my inspiration. Looks great

[URL="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j161/nickswan/9c199e72.jpg"] [/URL]

You know what they say, 'imitation is the sincerest form of flattery'.
I wish I could get my windshield wipers to park like yours. When I turn mine on it's like having two gals fighting on my hood. Stuff is flying in all directions and speeds; the only thing missing is the errant nipple and clumps of hair. When I turn them off one will usually keep going until it decides to stop. I avoid rain.

Jim,
How much are your tops going for and how long is the wait? Your workmanship is just beautiful.

Last edited:
I wish I could get my windshield wipers to park like yours. When I turn mine on it's like having two gals fighting on my hood. Stuff is flying in all directions and speeds; the only thing missing is the errant nipple and clumps of hair. When I turn them off one will usually to keeps going until it decides to stop. I avoid rain.

All you have to do is which to a 68 thru 74 windshield with a single wiper motor and problem solved. Hard to get the dual motors to work the way you want to. Have you rebuilt the motors yet? they may help a little. My FJ45 came with a toggle switch to the second wiper so that the PO could try to time them better:confused: I bought it from his bother because the PO was deceased so way to know for sure.

Beautiful pics MDH33. great style of cruzr. also hats off to BigRed FJ40 definitely a style i'm looking for. The steel wheels with the hubcaps looks great. On the wheels what size? I have 33x12.5x16 on 16x10.5 rims. thinking of changin to taller and thinner either a 305x70x16 or 315x75x16, but tire guy says should drop to 16x9 rim because of sidewall. What sizes do the stock steel with hubcaps run? Are stock Toy and chevy rims same lug pattern 4.3/4?

another factory bows...with a reproduction top

That's Marc Gedde's (eagle eye) old '73 restoration...Freeborn Red, O.D Green Canvas, I believe he got the top from rickd, bows are factory.

Last edited:
1963 FJ40 FST. (P.O. painted Iroc Blue)
Later model Paki Bows (finessed to fit)
Black Vinyl Paki top
No doors...
40%20Top-fr.JPG
40%20Top-lr.JPG

1963 FJ40 FST. (P.O. painted Iroc Blue)
Later model Paki Bows (finessed to fit)
Black Vinyl Paki top
No doors...

Interested to hear about your "finessing" to fit the early tub?

Here is a vinyl top of a standard FJ40 I got with a cruiser back in the nineties setting on the stock early soft top bows. They really aren't that different. Filling the gab behind the B pillar would be the hardest part.
001013.jpg
001028.jpg

Just test fitting things here...or I think my daughters might call it "playing dress-up". :D This rig is getting closer to a repaint all the time... Along with swapping some Franken-parts back to stock. It isn't quite the Cruiser I envision, but it's getting closer. :)

Anywho, just thought I would share... Original '60's OEM. (Seen previously on Whitey45's rig.)

FST6.jpg

FST1.jpg

FST.jpg
FST.jpg
FST1.jpg
FST6.jpg

someone make a thread or email me a link to an already existing and i can post the notes i have from the early cruiser top i made.....in case it helps anyone who wants to craft one...

My OCD top that I just finished installing about 2 weeks ago. Will add a few more pics with the windows rolled up as it looks even better that way, IMO. I know Jim has had some issues in getting tops out as fast as many would like, but I can tell you the quality is second to none on this top.
IMG_2847.jpg
IMG_2842.jpg

Just test fitting things here...or I think my daughters might call it "playing dress-up". :D This rig is getting closer to a repaint all the time... Along with swapping some Franken-parts back to stock. It isn't quite the Cruiser I envision, but it's getting closer. :)

Anywho, just thought I would share... Original '60's OEM. (Seen previously on Whitey45's rig.)

View attachment 614795

View attachment 614793

View attachment 614792

Sweet looking top, but you are going to have to find a mid '60's rig to put in on...just look at it as another excuse to find another early 40 :beer:

Sweet looking top, but you are going to have to find a mid '60's rig to put in on...just look at it as another excuse to find another early 40 :beer:

SHhhhhh!! My wife is sitting right here!! :ban:

The '71 will have to do for now. :D The top won't stay on the '78. It's smurfurrific enough without a full white top. :lol: The top has the right fastener configuration for the '71. (only twistlocks on tub-no footman loops on the tub) What year did the rear window change?

I had a couple of PM's asking about my rig recently. Must have been from this thread getting resurrected. Realized I had never posted a pic of my 40 with the factory soft doors. Saw that I had some older pics in this thread with the hard doors on it.

Here it is with the soft doors. These were taken up in the Killpecker dunes, Wyoming awhile back:

812624141_iendS-XL.jpg

702532423_6KcEC-XL.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom