Post pics of your GX 460 in action, off-road and 4 Wheeling (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The Gamiviti is a great setup, though a little expensive for what you get. Didn’t notice a wind noise.
What did it run you if you don't mind me asking? More than a Gobi?

What did it run you if you don't mind me asking? More than a Gobi?

$1,4XX with picking it up at his place, I believe it was like another $400+ to ship since it’s one piece and went on a pallet/freight.

That might not sound bad now (and probably isn’t the price now) after the last few years of market change, but in 2019 it was 30-40% more than Gobi. Though, Gobi wasn’t making stuff for the 460 and he did offer some customization (which was extra).

Again, really great setup overall. The awesome styling was why I was willing to pay, it just knocks everything else out on the market.

If you want pure functionality, and accessory options, I’d argue a FrontRunner setup has that title. But Gamiviti has the looks one IMO.

$1,4XX with picking it up at his place, I believe it was like another $400+ to ship since it’s one piece and went on a pallet/freight.

That might not sound bad now (and probably isn’t the price now) after the last few years of market change, but in 2019 it was 30-40% more than Gobi. Though, Gobi wasn’t making stuff for the 460 and he did offer some customization (which was extra).

Again, really great setup overall. The awesome styling was why I was willing to pay, it just knocks everything else out on the market.

If you want pure functionality, and accessory options, I’d argue a FrontRunner setup has that title. But Gamiviti has the looks one IMO.
Thank you!

I remember looking at Gamiviti years ago for my 470 and they were around 1200+shipping for the decked out version. Last time I checked Gobi it was around 1500 shipped. I just checked again and Gobi is 1800 shipped. I guess if Gamiviti is in the 1500-1600 dollar range plus shipping in this market that wouldn't be too bad.

I agree about the Gamiviti styling. That's primarily my reason for wanting one. That and the flat top vs the Gobi's basket system. I do lots of home projects and always need to haul lumber, so the flat top with ratchet strap tabs would be ideal.

Thank you!

I remember looking at Gamiviti years ago for my 470 and they were around 1200+shipping for the decked out version. Last time I checked Gobi it was around 1500 shipped. I just checked again and Gobi is 1800 shipped. I guess if Gamiviti is in the 1500-1600 dollar range plus shipping in this market that wouldn't be too bad.

I agree about the Gamiviti styling. That's primarily my reason for wanting one. That and the flat top vs the Gobi's basket system. I do lots of home projects and always need to haul lumber, so the flat top with ratchet strap tabs would be ideal.
Here's my Gamiviti order:
gamiviti-rack-jpg.1906056

I too went all in with my Gamiviti rack, front LED light bar, proximity lights left and right. The only thing I didn't get was the fairing. I asked for a template so I can make my own clear (Acrylic) one to go in front of the LED light bar. Tim was great and sent it to me, which I modified to fit a little better. I needed it to be a little taller so it reached under my RTT. If you do go with the Gamiviti, I have the PDF of the template on my build thread (somewhere).

I forgot to mention that for me, one of the selling points for me with Gamiviti was that it's one of the lowest profile racks on the market and it didn't hurt that Tim (the owner) was great to work with! I didn't want a basket type rack, but a flat top for some of the same reasons as Arailt mentioned, but more towards RTT.

Time for some BFG M/T's!

You aren't kidding!! When I bought this one, the dealer told me they had just thrown on brand new super aggressive off road tires. You can imagine my lack of enthusiasm when I saw these. However, its nice to have a GX 460 again, and this time its the older body style that I prefer.

action ? YES . . . (in a sense . . .)

Off-road, no

Wheeling ? not really . . .

64B24EEF-2F9B-4B77-B052-9858AB6C89CF.jpeg

some 50-70 miles of this, one or two turns at rural intersections . . .

6B183CC5-C526-43C6-B270-5E8090C362B2.jpeg

and when I got out a little bit later to take pics of the lava (all that black stuff on the sides) on our "scenic drive" through Craters-of-the-Moon National Monument, I noticed that the truck had acquired some additional cargo . . .

BD3CBBE4-8F7C-4F2B-A1A0-7F892B3CB6E1.jpeg

Last edited:
1159B2BD-9FC5-419B-8FF8-8475BB2E7A49.jpeg
A48BFC78-013B-4117-BACA-CEEB9D8CA29E.jpeg
74C962E3-DFAC-4ED2-9D48-BBCBBEBE4CE1.jpeg

like, so much of it that hubby's comments from when he turned at an intersection in a small town a few miles before, and as he slowed down again for my pics at this location, "there seems to be a strange noise while braking . . . " immediately made sense :lol: :hillbilly: - the ever-so-slight dig from engaging the brakes would make the tires rub on the accumulated ice in the wheel wells :doh:

so we kicked some tires ice, and swiftly went on our way :steer:- knocked more off once we got to Pocatello, ID

what I had gotten out to photograph was this: lichen growing on the lava even in bitter cold - lichen are an intricate symbiosis between fungus and algae, and they can take all kinds of color, depending on the combination of species that associate with each other - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - https://en.wikipedia.org

it just so happened that my best friend (in New York City) happened to call me just shortly after we had turned onto this this middle-of-nowhere snowmageddon drive, and when I saw the lichen, I had to take pics for her - her Diploma thesis research was on lichen :cool:

788D244F-0770-435F-87C5-9A0B37D279E9.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom