Post LCDC 8 Meetup - Ouray Roll Call (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did any of y’all do Ophir pass this time out and if so, what kinda shape is it in? We’re looking to cut through from Telluride to 550 but will have our Conqueror in tow.

Ophir was in good shape. Pretty tame in general. I don't know anything about towing off-road, but the trail itself was in good shape for @kcjaz, @laserturbo91 and I.

Thanks!

We may just do a recon run in conjunction with Imogene sans camper just to be safe.
The only thing I recall was spot where we had to pass a group of oncoming jeeps that was tight. I’ve never towed a trailer in a situation like that so I don’t know how much of a problem it would be. Having to back up with a trailer could potentially suck.

The only thing I recall was spot where we had to pass a group of oncoming jeeps that was tight. I’ve never towed a trailer in a situation like that so I don’t know how much of a problem it would be. Having to back up with a trailer could potentially suck.
So far we’ve found that when people see us with the trailer they move for us. We’ve stayed on trails with camping so we’re trying not to be “those morons’”. I don’t want to be a trail nuisance by any means.

Thanks for the info 😉

So far we’ve found that when people see us with the trailer they move for us. We’ve stayed on trails with camping so we’re trying not to be “those morons’”. I don’t want to be a trail nuisance by any means.

Thanks for the info 😉
You should be going uphill on the long shelf road traveling West to East so you'll have right of way, not that it stops folks from being difficult. I've not towed the Opus on harder CO passes yet, but hope to next summer. I would not take it down the long hill on Ophir due to the backing up issue.

You should be going uphill on the long shelf road traveling West to East so you'll have right of way, not that it stops folks from being difficult. I've not towed the Opus on harder CO passes yet, but hope to next summer. I would not take it down the long hill on Ophir due to the backing up issue.

This is the shelf road @snowtaco is describing:

Got my rear bumper lights fixed. All it was, was a loose OEM plug connector. Clicked it back in and presto, I got lights.

This is the shelf road @snowtaco is describing:

I appreciate the video. We drove it after Imogene and decided against it for the exact reasons you mentioned. That and the fact we towed it over a lot of Rimrocker already and got our full of off road trail towing.

After running a few notable trails without something in tow it’s far more fun and quicker. We love the ability to get remote and camp with the camper but after a few trails with it there’s definitely an limit I reached.

Anyone sticking around that area for a while I know a few good sites and would share via PM.

Anyone sticking around that area for a while I know a few good sites and would share via PM.
Dang man, we left yesterday morning!! Im down in the Bayfield area now hanging with the in-laws dreaming about those sweet sites haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom