Post LCDC 8 Meetup - Ouray Roll Call (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm in, definitely looking forward to it!

I’ll tentatively throw my name in as well. Planning to head back home (about an hour north of Denver) after festivities thu night. Stay there for the night then either come back by myself or with my wife on Friday to meet up with the group. I’ll be there for the 0900 roll out unless plans change.

Anyone interested in hitting anything heading back to the Crested Butte area after LCDC on Friday? Pearl / Taylor / Punchbowl ? I live in CB, and have a ton of space if anyone wants to crash along the way to Ouray? Never done Pearl or Taylor, but have ran from CB to Marble via Punchbowl. Open to other ideas. Again though, I have a TON of space if anyone wants to crash for a night in CB. Might be nice to hit some stuff on the way to Ouray rather than just some highways.

-Chris

I will arrive in the area on Sunday July 24. Planning to start some trails on Monday and will stay that whole week. I am a total novice to Colorado trails and would love to tag along if anyone plans to stay around.

I wish I could join in but the wife starts teaching as soon as we get back. I could potentially do a pre LCDC adventure. Heading in the direction of Breckenridge Wednesday morning🤞

I will arrive in the area on Sunday July 24. Planning to start some trails on Monday and will stay that whole week. I am a total novice to Colorado trails and would love to tag along if anyone plans to stay around.
I may shoot you a PM, your plans may align with ours. We have kids so you may not want to deal with our pace.

So who’s all in? I’m a 100%. I’m staying in Blue River which is 4 miles south of Breck. It would be good to find a meetup place that is south on 6 of all of us.

Ya'll Crested Butte side trip still in play if anyone interested! Let me know.

Ya'll Crested Butte side trip still in play if anyone interested! Let me know.
That sounds awesome too but I think the plant is Lake City to hit Engineer Pass to Ouray. This crew needs to get together tomorrow night.

We’ve been camping south of Lake City for a couple nights and have had our fill of afternoon rain. Tomorrow looks like more rain is coming through. Unless the forecast changes before I finish my morning coffee we’re headed west to do Rimrocker.

Last edited:
We’ve been camping north of Lake City for a couple nights and have had our fill of afternoon rain. Tomorrow looks like more rain is coming through. Unless the forecast changes before I finish my morning coffee we’re headed west to do Rimrocker.
I think I saw you on Monday outside of Gunnison. (In the dissent 200)

Fired up the Starlink and checked the weather, we out. We have one set of not muddy clothes for the kids, I can’t risk another thunderstorm.

69247243-73E2-4974-8381-85E4995D6B1F.jpeg

Do we want to meet up at the same airport parking lot tomorrow morning at 8:30am to get organized and head to Lake City? My cell is four-eight-zero- 3194779 if you want to connect sooner.

Do we want to meet up at the same airport parking lot tomorrow morning at 8:30am to get organized and head to Lake City? My cell is four-eight-zero- 3194779 if you want to connect sooner.
I’m in Blue River so I’d like to meet up with the group somewhere south on 9. Alma?

R U going to be at the closing event tonight? I was planning on going but probably will be late (as in not at 6:00)

Sorry, we had to bail once the rain hit. Had an amazing time, but didn't want to camp in the rain tonight. Going to make a run to SLC, hopefully we will get to hit the Land Cruiser Museum. Have fun in Ouray! We'll catch you next time.

Sorry, we had to bail once the rain hit. Had an amazing time, but didn't want to camp in the rain tonight. Going to make a run to SLC, hopefully we will get to hit the Land Cruiser Museum. Have fun in Ouray! We'll catch you next time.
Sorry to have missed you as our paths somehow never crossed. Next year! Post up some picks of the LC museum.

Did any of y’all do Ophir pass this time out and if so, what kinda shape is it in? We’re looking to cut through from Telluride to 550 but will have our Conqueror in tow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom