Post clean-up thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Let me start off by saying that the clean-up was a great success. We had a phenominal turnout for a first ever club "event". I can't say thank you enough to those who came out and busted their rumps in the blazing heat today ;)

I am hoping to get some pics up sometime tomorrow (today I guess now). I will be corresponding with Kelly Jardine from the FS on Monday to get his feel on our participation, and ask him if they have any other areas up there that he might suggest. I will post up a more descriptive post a little later, for right now it's time for some shut-eye.

Yes Bman I would also like to thank everyone who came out and participated. This started as a tiny idea that really happened. The amount of trash picked up was amazing. The caravan up to SheepsBridge, led by the FS across the dam and through the desert landscape was quite a sight. The raffle on the beach was a great ending to a hard days work. Congratulations to all the winners!

I look forward to seeing everyone at the next trail clean-up scheduled in March.

never had such a good time picking up trash :cheers: enjoyed seeing everyone and meeting the new faces. cant wait for the next one.

Sorry I missed it too. Looks a lot more fun than what I ended up doing all day.

Dam weather idiots! Can't trust any of them. :mad:

Speaking of weather, I drove home through a snow storm which started at the prescott exit on N I-17 what fun!

desertdude said:
Speaking of weather, I drove home through a snow storm which started at the prescott exit on N I-17 what fun!

Fun, yeah we had fun too. You can appreciate having thousands of dollars worth of musical equipment caught in the rain. We got it all tarped but gave up waiting and had to break down in a drizzle. Then tromp trough a mud bog to load up.

Yuck

I think Yashica deserves a special mention for her unparalleled devotion to the cleanup.
She was gone a long time after we had retired for the day. So long, in fact, that we were
thinking something had happened to her, or she had walked all the way to Black Canyon City.
:D
Anyway, it was a good time, for a good cause. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
:cheers: to all who participated. I love this club.

I take it Rightlane got home ok.

Sean

yes props to yashika for the effort and duration of trash picking!!!! :beer: :cheers:
though i still think she walked to rock springs for a piece of pie :D

i ended up getting behind a heep and an f150 on the way out, as luck would have it the heep had a key to the gate at the dam and i was able to cross with them. man, those pics on the dam look sweet, only hting missing is a white 60 with pizza cutters. do you guys need my address to mail me all the loot i won in the raffle? i had a great time and am looking forward to the next run, maybe a little more wheeling so ican tear up my street tires and justify upgrading.

Glad to hear you guys had a great time. I myself had a pretty cool time up on the rim around the Woody Mtn. area for my sisters elk hunt. Snow and mud bogged all w/e long. Had about 4 inches fall on us Sat. night. Got stuck once Sunday when we broke thru a frozen water hole with snow covering it. A little help from the hi-lift got us rolling again. Also came across a white 60, stuck in the mud and abandoned. Definitly plan on being at the next C/U.

well thats nice rush but this thread isnt about YOUR w/e....... :flipoff2:

rightlane, did you go down to the river crossing and decide not to try? i assume the heep and truck were the ones we pased on the way in. wonder why the heep had a key?

i just stayed on what i thought was the main roadand ended up back at the dam. maybe i missed a turn? i never made it to any water crossings. teh guy with the key looked awfully salty, like maybe he built the dam.

I had sooo much fun! Can't wait to get together again. Sorry if I worried anyone. I was just in the Cleaning Zone and didn't realize that everyone else had stopped. I got stuck at this one campsite that had endless amounts of trash and I was determined to get every piece. That's a woman for ya!

Looking forward to the 18th!

Shica

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom