post 2003 nav delete how to. (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been reading more of your posts, putting together the info to really decide if I am going to do this, strongly leaning that way.

there might be a line on used parts coming up to get the price down another 33%

Interesting. Nothing wrong with my nav, but after driving a 2016 for the last 4 months, it's hard to go so far backwards in tech with my 03. What's the best dbl din, or is the best option to just use an iPad solution now?

best info to date on the AC amplifier board numbers for non nav. OR basically the VX and or diesel.

this was copy/paste. Take this as just more information.

actually, it's just as easy to post this.
HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING - CONTROL & AIR DUCT | LAND CRUISER 100 UZJ100 UZJ100L-GNAEKA | Toyota | Genuine Parts Catalogs | PartSouq Auto Parts Around the World

USA - IN this case I think no rear heater means no REAR HEAT HI/LO button, the fourth button blank we all have on the defrost/rear/mirror heat panel)

88650-60810 No Info. maybe 08/2002-05/2005 This might be an option. I don't know.

88650-60821 from 02.2004-05.2005- (no rear heater) edit, SEPT 26 2018 This needs to be in 2003-4 LC and 20034 LX. The 60b80 amp board does not like the 2003-4s.
If working on a 2003, use the TIS or FSM or EWB (paper one) to verify that it matches with the online FSM for 2004 that was on mud forever. Cross referencing those two will verify compatibility and verify the way the compressor is handled by the ECU.

88650-60B80 from 05.2005 and forward.

Last edited:
does anyone want me to make more of these? I made three and they are gone already.
it's the M9 connector with all the wires and the jumper wire with the crimp on it to insert into the A47 plug, and two longer ones for the C14 plug.
I will order more stuff if a few people want one. Send me a private message.

IMG_20180312_155605.jpg

Last edited:
I'm putting one in a 07 lx in about two weeks or so. There's an 04 lx working on his also. That's what I know of at least for the lx. I ordered all the parts for the 07 and that's just a ton of money, 1900.
The heater integration panel is outrageous, the knob set also.

if anyone is buying the ac amplifier or looking for it, I was checking out www.ssg.asia I've not tried them before. I would if I needed another one.

IMG_20180326_150320.jpg

does anyone want me to make more of these? I made three and they are gone already.
it's the M19 connector with all the wires and the jumper wire with the crimp on it to insert into the A47 plug, and two longer ones for the C14 plug.
I will order more stuff if a few people want one. Send me a private message.

View attachment 1652590

I'm very very interested. In addition to your harness, i just need Toyota Parts to complete the install?

Going into an 03 lc. Can you list the parts needed?

Can't wait to have my dsp connected to a clean signal and have it live up to it's full potential.

There's another 2003 install with the 8865060b80 ac amp, if it works in his then it's the same part across the board for all years LC.
This is the list I just mailed another guy, AC amp is questionable for 03-04. Give it two weeks, There will be more info.

the wires and connectors I have

88650-60B80 ac amp
55902-60110 lower panel plastic assembly
55912-60150 black plastic box
84014-60190 heater control circuit board
55905-60780 knob set.

83240-60220 computer (upper)
83265-60220 computer case

86208-60030 bracket
86207-60030 bracket, one of these is left and the other is right.

I've been looking for a place to buy the ac amplifier and the heater intergration circuit board I just haven't found any place cheap yet. Junk yards are going to be like aneedle in a haystack given the almost non existant non nav units for LC. And for LX they just don't exist period in the usa.

some places to look, amayama.com megazip.net and partsouk and www.ssg.asia I have limited experience at all these places and I've never tried ssg.asia. They have very good prices on the AC amp and the heater integration panel if you try them. They seem legit. they've been around for a long time.

I'm still waiting on a few late arrival parts before I open up my 03 and dig in. I'm the guy Jerry mentions above that bought the late model a/c amp....my thinking was these all plug in together so they should be matched (a/c amp, heater control circuit, computer) as much as possible. Without staring at the diagrams, the only thing left on 03 air system when I'm done would be simple controls (damper actuators, clutch, etc), but no computer parts.

The one thing I did a little differently from Jerry's part list, was I ordered the wider factory upper trim instead of the aftermarket one. 55412-60310

trim.jpg

Last edited:
There's another 2003 install with the 8865060b80 ac amp, if it works in his then it's the same part across the board for all years LC.
This is the list I just mailed another guy, AC amp is questionable for 03-04. Give it two weeks, There will be more info.

the wires and connectors I have

88650-60B80 ac amp
55912-60150 black plastic box
55905-60780 knob set.

83240-60220 computer (upper)
83265-60220 computer case

86208-60030 bracket
86207-60030 bracket, one of these is left and the other is right.

I've been looking for a place to buy the ac amplifier and the heater intergration circuit board I just haven't found any place cheap yet. Junk yards are going to be like aneedle in a haystack given the almost non existant non nav units for LC. And for LX they just don't exist period in the usa.

some places to look, amayama.com megazip.net and partsouk and www.ssg.asia I have limited experience at all these places and I've never tried ssg.asia. They have very good prices on the AC amp and the heater integration panel if you try them. They seem legit. they've been around for a long time.
I wonder if any junkyards in Dubai are willing to work with us. I have friends there, can you give me the part numbers needed and I'll see if it's possible to source some.

these ones ibrahim83.

88650-60B80 ac amp

It's 200mm, which is a Toyota specific double DIN. You can still run a standard double DIN in this face kit with a cheap side adapter if that's what you're after, but the 200mm allows you to have a larger screen and an actual knob on the side. There's also a Kenwood model that I'm likely going with, but I need to decide how much of an issue the DVD region code is for me. DDX917WS | Multimedia and Navigation | Car Electronics | KENWOOD Malaysia
What's nice about that unit, is you can program your steering wheel buttons without an adapter, and you can also run a front camera. I saw a video where one guy used an unused button on his wheel to toggle cameras.

i fought that a lot. all the ebay ones are 202mm wide. I ordered and talked to a ton of ebay sellers. a 178mm one with no adapters doesn't exist. So all the aftermarket ones are the same looks like? I don't get it. Maybe because there isn't a real market for them here so people just deal with the side bracket?
Those kenwoods @7" look nice.

It's 200mm, which is a Toyota specific double DIN. You can still run a standard double DIN in this face kit with a cheap side adapter if that's what you're after, but the 200mm allows you to have a larger screen and an actual knob on the side. There's also a Kenwood model that I'm likely going with, but I need to decide how much of an issue the DVD region code is for me. DDX917WS | Multimedia and Navigation | Car Electronics | KENWOOD Malaysia
What's nice about that unit, is you can program your steering wheel buttons without an adapter, and you can also run a front camera. I saw a video where one guy used an unused button on his wheel to toggle cameras.

I wonder if this would work on the LX's? I looked at the Kenwoods from Malaysia, but am concerned with the DVD region and also there probably won't be a warranty for the U.S.

I'm still waiting on a few late arrival parts before I open up my 03 and dig in. I'm the guy Jerry mentions above that bought the late model a/c amp....my thinking was these all plug in together so they should be matched (a/c amp, heater control circuit, computer) as much as possible. Without staring at the diagrams, the only thing left on 03 air system when I'm done would be simple controls (damper actuators, clutch, etc), but no computer parts.

The one thing I did a little differently from Jerry's part list, was I ordered the wider factory upper trim instead of the aftermarket one. 55412-60310

View attachment 1664360
I've got an '04 LX 470 also and have been looking at this for a while. At one point, I considered just creating my own panel in the machine shop at work.

I wish there was room for my CB and Ham radios flush with the console/dash. That would be super cool..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom